QUÉBEC, le 25 févr. 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - The firing last January, of long-serving Québec government agronomist Louis Robert for making public claims of "private-sector interference in a public study of pesticide use" reminds us of the importance of defending public science and showing solidarity with both whistleblowers and the unions that represent them.
We therefore express our solidarity with M. Robert [and the Syndicat de professionnelles et professionnelles du gouvernement du Québec (SPGQ)] and encourage others to do the same.
Governments should never turn a blind eye to the concerns of professional government employees, especially ones brave enough to bring such issues to public attention.
Transparency shouldn't come at the cost of one's career.
We encourage our members to sign the petition asking for the reintegration of the agronomist Louis Robert to his position.
Signed by the members of the Professional Union Network of Canada
- AMAPCEO - Ontario's Professional Employees
- Association of Canadian Financial Officers (ACFO – AFAC)
- Professional Employees Association of British-Colombia (PEA)
- Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC)
- Quebec Professional Government Employees Union (SPGQ)
SOURCE Syndicat de professionnelles et professionnels du gouvernement du Québec (SPGQ)
For further information: Philippe Desjardins, 581 995-0762 | email@example.com