Largest One-Way Carsharing Company Brings the Newest car2go Technology to Montreal for a Seamless Member Experience
MONTREAL, March 20, 2017 /CNW/ -- car2go, the largest, fastest-growing one-way carsharing company in the world, announced that its Montreal members will soon enjoy driving new, more advanced car2go vehicles. Rolling out this week, the new vehicles are the latest generation smart cars that deliver a smoother, faster and improved experience with the latest car2go technology. The new cars pack a lot of advanced features, including: heated seats, Bluetooth and a more powerful turbo-charged motor.
After recently crossing the 2.2 million member mark worldwide, car2go launched new Mercedes-Benz car2gos for members last month, in Toronto, ON and Vancouver, BC. car2go's Montreal fleet of over 450 vehicles will continue to be upgraded starting with the new smart car2gos on March 20 and Mercedes-Benz car2gos later this year.
"Thousands of Montrealers have embraced and enjoyed the benefits of carsharing. We've seen growing demand and a 43 per cent year-over-year growth in membership in this city," said Jeremi Lavoie, General Manager of car2go Montreal. "We're thrilled our members here will get to experience the new car2gos. The new model is fully upgraded, lets you start and end trips faster, and is still small enough to fit into parking spaces no other car fits in. With members using our service for their daily commute, running errands, and just enjoying the city, we think Montrealers will love the new experience."
What's NEW about the new car2go?
Better. Faster. Smarter. Perfect adjectives for our new car2go:
- Unlocks faster than ever, enabling members to quickly hop in and drive.
- Bluetooth access allows drivers and passengers to rock out to their own music and make hands-free calls.
- Seat warmers ensure car2go members can warm themselves up quickly on chilly days.
- The new car2go is wider, providing drivers and passengers with a roomier interior and additional trunk storage space.
- A more powerful motor and a new six-speed twinamic dual-clutch transmission provide the smoothest, quickest car2go ride ever.
- An incredibly small turning radius means the new car2go can almost literally turn on a dime.
- Cutting-edge safety features in the new smart fortwo car2go include a rigid Tridion safety shell made of ultra-high strength steel, crosswind assist that automatically compensates for strong gusts of wind to keep drivers on-course, anti-lock brakes, and electronic stability (known as ESP® in most cars), The new cars will appear in the car2go app as the "fortwo new," with a photo of the newly designed vehicle so that car2go members can easily find and drive the new cars. Prior generation vehicles will appear in the car2go app as "fortwo."
Free registration + free drive time for new Montrealers
Montrealers interested in taking a spin in the new car2go can use the promo code NOUVELLESMART for free registration (regularly $5) and a $5.00 drive time credit through March 31, 2017. Members are encouraged to keep up-to-date on all the latest member events and promotions by following @car2goMontreal on Twitter and connecting with car2go on Facebook.
About car2go N.A., LLC
car2go N.A., LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, offers an innovative mobility solution in rapidly growing urban areas via a carsharing network of affordable, eco-friendly Mercedes-Benz and smart vehicles. A flexible and "on demand" mode of transportation, car2go complements existing public transportation by bridging the gaps between the "first and last mile" of a member's commute. Today, car2go's global operation is the largest, fastest-growing carsharing program in the world with more than 2,200,000 registered members and a fleet of nearly 14,000 vehicles in 26 locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
The innovation and environmental sustainability of car2go have earned international acclaim, including TripAdvisor's 2015 "Travelers' Choice" award, "Best Carshare" from the Vancouver Courier, "2015 Best CarSharing Service" from Best of D.C., "2014 Best CarSharing App" from Best of D.C., recognition from the Austin Chamber of Commerce with the "Greater Austin Business Award" for its positive impact on the city's traffic, and the prestigious "2010 EPA Clean Air Excellence Award" from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Further information on car2go is available at car2go.com and car2go.com/NA/en/press/.
SOURCE car2go N.A., LLC
For further information: Press Contacts: Deborah Bourne, High Road for car2go, 514-798-6149, [email protected]; Blaire Kniffin, car2go N.A., LLC (Austin, Texas), 512-580-0409, [email protected], http://www.car2go.com