OTTAWA, Nov. 4, 2013 /CNW/ - Claigan Environmental (www.claigan.com) announces an update to their conflict minerals services. For some time, Claigan has been involved in reasonable country of origin inquiries with suppliers of tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold containing parts and materials. Over the second half of 2013, Claigan has expanded its work and expertise into the area of smelter reasonable country of origin inquiries and due diligence.
Claigan's expanded conflict minerals services include
- Verification of smelters including identification of distributors vs. concentrators vs. smelters
- Gathering country of origin information from source smelters
- Gathering conflict-free information from source smelters
- Performing due diligence on smelters that are or may be sourcing from the DRC or surrounding countries
- Generate a technical document summarizing the conflict-free nature of a company and its source smelters
- Review of findings with internal stakeholders
The smelter due diligence phase, which follows the data gathering with suppliers, is the most critical and difficult phase of conflict minerals compliance. This phase is recommended to be performed by specialized organizations and personnel.
Claigan is the leading consulting company in conflict minerals compliance. In 2012, Claigan testified before Congress regarding the practical methods for conflict minerals compliance. Claigan's related work is quoted eighteen (18) times in the SEC final rules for compliance with Section 1502 of Dodd-Frank. At Claigan, we believe in 'More Results. Less Journey.'
SOURCE: Claigan Environmental Inc.
For further information: