VANCOUVER, March 20, 2013 /CNW/ - Smartcool Systems Inc. (TSX-V: SSC) is pleased to provide an update on the company's activities over the last six months of 2012 and early part of 2013, George Burnes, President & CEO comments:
"We experienced a very positive year in 2012, with new business starting in a number of regions and return to growth overall. The second half of the year produced revenue of approximately $2.8 million and positive EBITDA for the period, demonstrating strong momentum building from the first half of the year."
Smartcool is pleased to present some recent highlights:
- Very successful second year as Primary Contractor for Sainsbury's, delivering the ESM and refrigeration energy efficiency project management services directly and through other contractors to approximately 40 supermarkets across the UK.
- Introduced the ECO3 to Sainsbury's Petro Filing Stations which opens a portion of their portfolio not previously addressed.
- Continued successful installations with companies like Jaguar Land Rover, Network Rail and Warburton's in the UK.
- Continued success in Australia with Smartcool's top distributor carrying out a number of national roll-outs to customers in government and the banking sector.
- Completed a number of roll-outs to major European customers in the food retail sector in the Poland, France, Spain and Portugal.
- Laid the groundwork for a number of roll-outs to begin in 2013 to European telecommunications, food retail and franchise companies.
- New distribution agreements signed to deliver Smartcool products to customers in Italy, Pakistan, Germany, Nicaragua and France and saw continued sales in South Africa, Malta and the Middle East.
- Continued development of a strong North American distribution network, with new ECO3 distributors providing the product to end customers across the region.
- Implemented the North American ECO3 distribution model into the UK, successfully bringing on new distributors to deliver the product to the commercial market of small to medium sized enterprises.
- Considerable work done to streamline internal business processes, maximizing efficiency while reducing operating costs.
With these positive developments and gathering momentum in the early part of this year, Smartcool is looking forward to a busy and successful 2013.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Smartcool Systems Inc. (TSX-V: SSC) provides cutting edge energy efficient and energy cost reduction solutions for businesses around the world. The ECO3 and ESM are Smartcool's unique retrofit technologies that reduce the energy consumption of compressors in air conditioning, refrigeration and heat pump systems by 15% to 20%, giving customers a return on investment in 12 to 36 months.
SOURCE: SmartCool Systems Inc.
For further information:
TEL +1 866 571 6554
TEL +44 1420 544868
TEL +1 604 669 1388