- SMART Learning Suite incorporates award-winning SMART Notebook software, plus SMART amp and SMART Lesson Activity Builder at no additional cost
- New model eliminates purchasing complexities and enables natural, collaborative learning experiences
LONDON and CALGARY, Jan. 20, 2016 /CNW/ - SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT) (TSX: SMA), a leading provider of education and collaboration solutions, now offers the industry's most engaging, collaborative, and powerful learning software bundle, the SMART Learning Suite™. This new suite combines the power of industry-leading SMART Notebook®, the newly enhanced SMART Lesson Activity Builder (LAB), and the award-winning SMART amp™. As part of SMART's commitment to provide value to our customers, current SMART Notebook Advantage customers will receive complimentary access to SMART amp.
SMART Learning Suite is an integrated educational software platform designed to enable natural and collaborative learning experiences. The bundle fosters active learning and provides teachers with the flexibility to adapt to a variety of instructional strategies, learning styles and pedagogies, both inside and outside the classroom. The suite, which now ships with all SMART interactive displays for the education market, offers pricing on a per teacher, per year subscription-based model, simplifying the budgeting process and ensuring software is always up-to-date.
"Our customers want a simple, affordable way to purchase software, removing unanticipated costs and complexities," says Greg Estell, SMART president, Education. "They also need software that will support transitions in pedagogy and adoption of technology over time. When combined with our award-winning SMART Board family of interactive displays, the SMART Learning Suite delivers the world's best educational experience for teachers and students alike."
The SMART Learning Suite enables educators to easily and quickly create dynamic, interactive, and engaging learning experiences by providing pedagogical flexibility and by connecting students, teachers and devices for improved outcomes. The software leverages current investments by integrating with existing technology (school-owned devices, BYOD, Chromebooks, interactive displays, etc.). SMART Learning Suite provides educators with more opportunities to individualize and differentiate instruction, check for student understanding and adapt content and delivery no matter the subject or grade level.
The SMART Learning Suite includes three components:
- Offers an engaging interactive learning platform that is purpose-built for education
- Improves learning outcomes by responding to student needs in real time
- Integrates with mobile devices and offers real-time, multi-way contribution
- Allows lessons to be customized, using subject-specific features
- Saves time by offering access to thousands of online resources
- Includes integration with SMART kapp®
SMART Lesson Activity Builder
- Offers customizable content to ensure activities are pedagogically sound
- Incorporates collaborative activities with input from student devices to develop critical-thinking
- Uses high-quality graphics and audio to keep lessons fun and engaging
- Features a variety of game components that offer multiple ways to play
- Enables anytime, anywhere learning that nurtures student collaboration and co-creation
- Features real-time insights and assessment capabilities enabling teachers to adjust lessons on-the-fly
- Offers flexible approaches for whole class, individual, and small-group learning activities
- Includes rich, digital content including embedded assessment, chat, and the ability to play SMART Notebook files
To learn more about the SMART Learning Suite, visit smarttech.com/sls.
Pricing and Availability
The SMART Learning Suite is available for purchase today and now includes full access to the newly enhanced SMART Lesson Activity Builder and SMART amp. Please contact your SMART authorized dealer for more information.
About SMART Solutions for Education
Nearly 70 million teachers and students around the world use SMART solutions for education to make learning more interactive, engaging, effective and fun. A consistent innovator and the inventor of the SMART Board® and SMART's Learning Suite (featuring SMART amp™, SMART Lesson Activity Builder, and the world's most popular collaborative learning software, SMART Notebook®). With a full range of interactive displays, including flat panels, projectors, whiteboards and the SMART kapp™ digital capture board, SMART helps educators achieve better learning outcomes. To learn more, visit smarttech.com/education.
SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT, TSX: SMA) is a world leader in simple and intuitive solutions that enable more natural collaboration. We are an innovator in interactive touch technologies and software that inspire collaboration in both education and businesses around the globe. To learn more, visit smarttech.com.
SMT – M
Certain information contained in this press release, including information with respect to pricing and included software features, may constitute forward-looking information or statements. By their very nature, forward-looking information and statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties, both general and specific, and risks that predictions, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking information and statements will not be achieved. We caution readers not to place undue reliance on these statements as a number of important factors could cause the actual results to vary materially from the forward-looking information or statements. We do not assume responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the forward-looking information or statements. Any forward-looking information and statements contained in this press release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement.
©2016 SMART Technologies. All third-party product and company names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. To view a list of SMART trademarks please visit our Trademarks and Guidelines page.
Please note that SMART is written in all capital letters.
SOURCE SMART Technologies Inc.
For further information: Robin Raulf-Sager, Director, Communications, SMART Technologies Inc., +1.403.407.4225, [email protected], smarttech.com