Canada's sleep experts to give away nap sacs to Canadians, reinforcing the importance of sleep
TORONTO, March 10, 2020 /CNW/ - Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc. ("Sleep Country" or "Sleep Country Canada" or the "Company") (TSX: ZZZ), is proud to celebrate and be a sponsor of World Sleep Day 2020 in Canada on March 13. The annual event was created to raise awareness about the importance of sleep with a call to action on establishing healthy sleep habits.
"For more than 25 years we've been dedicated to helping Canadians achieve their best sleep," said Christine Magee, Co-Founder & Chair of Sleep Country. "There are many factors that impact a good night's sleep, from your mood and stress level to the number of sleeping hours to finding the right products to suit your sleep style. We're seeing attitudes towards sleep change for the better and initiatives like World Sleep Day are reminders to invest in personal health and well-being, as we continue to work towards better sleep for all."
World Sleep Day aims to raise awareness of the importance of sleep and while Canadians recognize it is a priority, many don't get the benefit of a good night's sleep. Last year, 75 per cent of Canadian respondents to a Maru/Blue survey told Sleep Country Canada that they consider sleep as an important aspect when thinking about health and wellness. Yet, the Public Health Agency of Canada has found that one in two adults have trouble going to sleep or staying asleep, and one in five adults do not find their sleep refreshing.
Sleep Country is committed to All for Sleep. Along with offering Canadians a full line of innovative sleep products and one-on-one access to trained sleep experts, available at 276 locations across the country, Sleep Country has compiled a list of helpful sleep tips to help Canadian's get their best sleep:
- Practice relaxation, mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques and meditation before sleep (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Stick to a sleep schedule of the same bedtime and wake up time, even on the weekends. This helps to regulate your body's clock and could help you fall asleep and stay asleep for the night. (SleepFoundation.org)
- Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual. A relaxing, routine activity right before bedtime conducted away from bright lights helps separate your sleep time from activities that can cause excitement, stress or anxiety which can make it more difficult to fall asleep, get sound and deep sleep, or remain asleep. (SleepFoundation.org)
- Avoid electronics before bed or in the middle of the night. (SleepFoundation.org)
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow. Make sure your mattress is comfortable and supportive. The one you have been using for years may have exceeded its life expectancy. (SleepFoundation.org)
World Sleep Day – All for Sleep Giveaway
To celebrate World Sleep Day in Canada, Sleep Country Canada is giving away nap sacs to 100 lucky winners, to help ensure Canadians are equipped for a good night sleep. The prize pack includes a Queen-size reversible comforter, one sheet set (fitted, flat and pillowcase) and pillow packed inside a high-quality reusable bag. Entrants can visit @sleepcountrycan on Instagram from March 13th to 15th to enter. For more information and full contest details visit Sleep Country Canada on Instagram at @sleepcountrycan
About Sleep Country
Sleep Country is Canada's leading omnichannel mattress and bedding retailer and the only specialty sleep products retailer with a national bricks and mortar footprint and an online presence. Sleep Country operates under three retail banners (the "Banners"): "Sleep Country Canada", with omnichannel operations in Canada excluding Québec; "Dormez-vous?" with omnichannel operations in Québec and "Endy", Canada's leading online mattress-in-a-box retailer. As of March 10, 2020, Sleep Country has 276 stores and 17 distribution centres across Canada. All of the Company's stores are corporate-owned, enabling it to develop and maintain a strong culture of customer service, resulting in a consistent and superior in-store and home delivery experience. Sleep Country also works closely with Canadian charities to donate new and gently used mattresses to families and children in need.
SOURCE Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc. Investor Relations
For further information: Sandy Indig, Public Relations Manager, [email protected], 289-748-0206 ext. 22356; Matt Trocchi, Account Manager, North Strategic for Sleep Country Canada, [email protected], 647-204-4136