Jon Hamm creates thank you video for Canadians from coast-to-coast for showing that they're hungry to help after donating more than $500,000 to local restaurants
WINNIPEG, May 14, 2020 /CNW/ - SkipTheDishes, Canada's largest and most popular food delivery network, is hungry to help Canadians through the challenging times brought on by COVID-19. After developing app functionality that makes it easier for customers to support their favourite restaurants by leaving them a tip, Canadians from coast-to-coast have donated more than $500,000 to their favourite local restaurants since March 23. These donations come directly from Canadians who are banding together to provide relief to their favourite local eateries.
To commemorate this generosity, wannabe Canadian Jon Hamm has reached out to Canadians while socially distancing from his home to give a hilarious shout-out to a few of the most generous places in Canada including Barrie, Ontario; Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; Chilliwack, British Columbia; Fredericton, New Brunswick, and gives an honourable mention to Hamilton, Ontario
You can view the full video HERE
SkipTheDishes has shared the top five restaurants across Canada that have received the highest donations from users:
- Pink Lotus Pho – Surrey, British Columbia
- Elgin Street Diner – Ottawa, Ontario
- J's Asian Kitchen – Fredericton, New Brunswick
- East Village Pub and Eatery – Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Panini's Italian Cucina - Edmonton, Alberta
"It's incredible to see communities from coast-to-coast stepping up to support their local restaurants, even through these difficult times," says Kevin Edwards, CEO of SkipTheDishes. "We were inspired by the outpouring of support, as was Jon, and together we were thrilled to show our thanks."
Restaurants are the heart, soul and stomach of Canadian communities and SkipTheDishes has committed to helping their restaurant partners as the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve. You can see everything Skip has done to support Canadians and local restaurants here, which is also summarized below.
- Committing over $15 million in direct and immediate support to restaurant partners across Canada through commission rebates and marketing initiatives
- On March 16, Skip launched a 30-day support package which has given back more than $5 million to our restaurant partners through a 15% commission rebate.
- Extending and increasing the package with a 25% reduction of fees and order driving initiatives, which will provide over $10 million in savings to local restaurants.
- Offering a 10.5% commission rate to any restaurant on Skip looking to utilize staff to facilitate their own delivery.
- Quickly adapting to Contactless Delivery and other measures which support the health and safety of the entire Skip network during COVID-19
- Working directly with governments in five provinces to promptly update its network to support new legislation which allows restaurants to sell alcohol with food orders, helping to stimulate the restaurant industry and support social distancing.
- Expediting payments to restaurant partners, assisting with cash flow to sustain operations.
- Skip has launched a partnership with Food Banks Canada, committing $1 million to help our neighbours who need it the most.
With free delivery from thousands of restaurants and no added service fees, Skip is committed to keeping food delivery accessible as Canadians stay home to help flatten the curve.
At SkipTheDishes, we know you deserve great delivery. As Canada's most popular food delivery app, we deliver millions of orders every month to hungry Canadians. Our world-class, unparalleled technology powers a network with tens of thousands of restaurant partners coast-to-coast in hundreds of communities.
SkipTheDishes is proudly part of the Just Eat Group. Headquartered in the UK, Just Eat is a world-leader in the food delivery marketplace, with Skip's renowned technology accelerating their global growth.