THORNHILL, ON, March 29, 2016 /CNW/ - Buying your first car can be exciting and intimidating at the same time. That's why CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) recommends you do your homework before making one of your biggest life purchases.
"With the large number of new high-tech vehicles on the market, it's easy to lose sight of your original needs. It's so important for prospective car buyers to shop around," said Ryan Peterson, Manager Automotive Services, CAA SCO.
CAA SCO recommends the following car buying tips to help make the entire process more efficient and enjoyable:
- Consider safety and reliability.
- Choose a vehicle that meets your needs. Do you need a fuel efficient car for commuting or an SUV for your family?
- Set a budget. CAA Driving Costs Calculator helps you calculate the cost to own and operate a vehicle – including fuel, maintenance and insurance.
- Go for a test drive before making a decision. Drive a route you normally travel on to get a feel for the car.
- Don't be afraid to negotiate. Keep in mind that add-ons can significantly change the price of your car.
- Proceed at your own pace and take your time before making the final decision.
Meanwhile, CAA members can contact an automotive expert in our Consumer and Technical Services (CATS) department for free advice by phone at 1-866-464-6448 or by email at [email protected].
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930; or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.