- SiriusXM NBA Radio, channel 217, to feature interviews with some of the greatest postseason players in NBA history
- Listeners nationwide get live play-by-play of every playoff game
TORONTO, April 17, 2014 /CNW/ - SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), the country's leading audio entertainment company, today announced it will offer the most comprehensive radio coverage available for the 2014 NBA Playoffs, featuring live play-by-play of every game, plus special programming on SiriusXM NBA Radio, channel 217 for XM subscribers and Sirius Premier subscribers.
Friday, April 18, the day before the postseason tips off, will be NBA Playoffs Preview day on SiriusXM NBA Radio. SiriusXM's 24/7 NBA channel will feature a series of interviews with some of the NBA's greatest postseason players, including Hall of Famers Jerry West, John Havlicek, James Worthy, Earl Monroe, Lenny Wilkens and Bernard King, NBA Champions Toni Kukoc and Richard Hamilton, as well as 11-time All-Star Allen Iverson. Appearing at the bottom half of every hour of the programming day, these players have won a combined 22 NBA Championships and have been involved in some of the league's most memorable playoff moments.
Throughout the day, SiriusXM NBA Radio hosts - including Hall of Famer Nancy Lieberman, two-time All-Star Jerry Stackhouse and former head coach Sam Mitchell - will break down every first round matchup and discuss favorites and potential upsets going into the postseason.
During the playoffs, subscribers will get live play-by-play broadcasts of every postseason game through the Finals on their satellite radios, through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App and at SiriusXM.ca. Those listening through the app and online can also choose between the home and visiting team broadcasts for every game. Visit http://www.siriusxm.ca/NBASchedule for channel listings.
NBA Playoffs Preview Day on SiriusXM NBA Radio - Friday, April 18
The Starting Lineup with hosts Frank Isola and Jerry Stackhouse
7:30am ET/4:30am PT: guest, Toni Kukoc
- A three-time NBA Champion with the Chicago Bulls, Kukoc hit a buzzer beater to beat the New York Knicks in Game 3 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
8:30am ET/5:30am PT: guest, Bernard King
- A four-time All-Star and two-time All-NBA First Team selection, King scored 44 points in a memorable shootout with Isiah Thomas in the 1984 Playoffs.
9:30am ET/6:30am PT: guest, John Havlicek
- An eight-time NBA Champion with the Celtics and the 1974 Finals MVP, Havlicek's steal in Game 7 of the 1965 Eastern Conference Finals remains one of the most famous plays in NBA history.
Off the Dribble with hosts Jason Goff and Sam Mitchell
12:30pm ET/9:30am PT: guest, Earl Monroe
- The Pearl, one of the most exciting point guards in the history of the game, scored 23 points in the deciding Game 5 of the 1973 Finals as the New York Knicks won their second NBA title.
1:30pm ET/10:30am PT: guest, Rip Hamilton
- The three-time All-Star averaged over 20 points per game during the 2004 Playoffs and led the Detroit Pistons to the franchise's third NBA title.
2:30pm ET/11:30am PT: guest, Lenny Wilkens
- As a rookie, Wilkens, a future nine-time All-Star, played a key role in the St. Louis Hawks' 1961 run to the NBA Finals. As a coach, he guided the Seattle SuperSonics to the 1979 NBA title.
NBA Today with hosts Justin Termine and Nancy Lieberman
3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT: guest, Jerry West
- One of the most decorated players in the history of the league, West won five NBA Championships as a player and executive for the L.A. Lakers. He is also the only player in history to be named the Finals MVP (1969) despite being on the losing side.
4:30pm ET/1:30pm PT: guest, Allen Iverson
- The 11-time All-Star and 2001 league MVP averaged more than 29 points per game in his eight trips to the playoffs.
5:30pm ET/2:30pm PT: guest, James Worthy
- A three-time NBA Champion, Worthy was named Finals MVP after recording a triple-double to lead the Lakers to victory over the Pistons in Game 7 of the 1988 Finals.
Throughout the playoffs SiriusXM NBA Radio, channel 217, will be a daily source of news and talk for NBA fans. Live programming begins each weekday at 7:00 am ET. This postseason also will mark the launch of a new show, NBA Playoffs Postgame Live, which will air every weeknight after the games and give listeners a place to call in and react to the night's results. Follow the channel on Twitter @SiriusXMNBA.
For more information on SiriusXM Canada, please visit www.siriusxm.ca
About SiriusXM Canada
Sirius XM Canada Holdings Inc. (TSX: XSR) operates as SiriusXM Canada. SiriusXM Canada, with over 2.4 million subscribers, is the country's leading audio entertainment company and broadcasts more than 120 satellite radio channels featuring premier sports, news, talk, entertainment and commercial-free music. SiriusXM Canada offers an array of content from the most recognized news, entertainment and major sports brands including the NHL, NFL, NBA, NASCAR, CNN, CBC, FOX, BBC, Howard Stern, Oprah, Disney, Comedy Central and more.
SiriusXM programming is available on a variety of devices including pre-installed and after-market radios in cars, trucks and boats, smartphones and mobile devices, and consumer electronics products for homes and offices. SiriusXM programming is also available online at www.siriusxm.ca and on Apple and Android-powered mobile devices.
SiriusXM Canada has partnerships with every major automaker and its radio products are available at more than 3,000 retail locations nationwide. To find out more about SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), visit our website at www.siriusxm.ca.
SOURCE: SiriusXM Canada
For further information:
SiriusXM Canada contact:
Director, Publicity, Promotion and Sponsorship