TORONTO, Jan. 23, 2015 /CNW/ - Shorcan Brokers Limited (Shorcan), TMX Group's fixed income interdealer brokerage, today announced the results of its 17th Annual Charity Day on January 22, 2015. Revenue from the day's trading activity amounted to more than $640,000. Shorcan will donate 100% of yesterday's revenue to over 20 designated charities. To date, the program has raised a total of over $7.1 million.
"Charity Day supports organizations that provide vital programs across our communities," said Peter Conroy, President, Shorcan Brokers Limited. "I would like to thank our clients for their generous contributions and for helping to make this event a yearly success and a proud tradition."
The following organizations are among those that will receive funds from Charity Day proceeds:
- The Amanda Kelsall Scholarship fund at the University of Ottawa
- Art City in St. James Town
- Canadian Athletes Now Fund
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart
- Centre Communautaire Hochelaga
- Children of Hope Uganda (COHU)
- CIBC Children's Foundation / Miracle Day
- CIRENE Foundation (Centre de recherché en neuro-developpment de l'enfant)
- Covenant House
- Eva's Initiative
- Free the Children
- La Fondation Emergo
- La Fondation Quebecoise du Cancer
- The Foundation Fighting Blindness
- Meningitis Research Foundation of Canada
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- North York Harvest Food Bank
- ON Rock Community Services
- Ontario Track 3 Ski Association
- Pelletier Youth in Transition
- Sick Kids Foundation
- SIM Canada
- Toronto Youth Development
- Women Gaining Ground
About TMX Group (TSX-X)
TMX Group's key subsidiaries operate cash and derivative markets and clearinghouses for multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income and energy. Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, TMX Select, Alpha Group, The Canadian Depository for Securities, Montreal Exchange, Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation, NGX, BOX Options Exchange, Shorcan, Shorcan Energy Brokers, Equicom and other TMX Group companies provide listing markets, trading markets, clearing facilities, depository services, data products and other services to the global financial community. TMX Group is headquartered in Toronto and operates offices across Canada (Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver), in key U.S. markets (New York, Houston, Boston and Chicago) as well as in London, Beijing and Sydney. For more information about TMX Group, visit our website at www.tmx.com. Follow TMX Group on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tmxgroup.
SOURCE TMX Group Inc.
For further information: Shane Quinn, Senior Manager, Communications & Public Affairs, TMX Group, 416-947-4609, email@example.com