Shop The World Online At LCBO.com
Jul 26, 2016, 11:14 ET
Delivery to Any LCBO Store or Right to Your Door
TORONTO, July 26, 2016 /CNW/ - Today, LCBO officially launched its new expanded online shopping platform, bringing a world of products to customers' fingertips – no matter where they live in Ontario. LCBO customers will now be able to browse and shop from an online selection of close to 5,000 individual products. Customers will have the option to ship products to any one of LCBO's 655 stores, free of charge or choose home delivery for a fee of $12 (plus tax) per order.
LCBO's online shopping catalogue features products from 85 countries around the world, including a wide selection of home grown, local Ontario beer, cider, wine and spirits. Customers will also have access to online exclusive products that have never been available for purchase in our retail stores. This new sales channel also provides an opportunity for small local producers to access the LCBO customer base without having to provide product to store shelves.
LCBO is committed to socially responsible service and that extends to online shopping at LCBO.com. In partnership with Canada Post, this new service will adhere to LCBO's high standards of responsible retailing, ensuring that online orders are delivered only to adults of legal drinking age.
Expanding the e-commerce platform is a key part of LCBO's commitment to innovation, customer service and continued success in a changing marketplace. LCBO is focused on continuously improving the customer experience – drawing on the extensive product knowledge of employees, investing in our retail store network across the province and now, providing another convenient, virtual store where customers can shop the world online.
To shop online now, please visit www.LCBO.com.
For more information on the new LCBO.com online shopping experience click here.
For photos and video content of LCBO.com online shopping and delivery click here.
For more information from the Government of Ontario click here.
LCBO LAUNCHES E-COMMERCE SITE
JULY 26, 2016
- Starting Tuesday, July 26, 2016 LCBO is unveiling a new and convenient online experience at lcbo.com where customers can shop the world from their computer, laptop or smartphone using LCBO's new e-commerce website.
- The e-commerce site will feature an initial assortment of close to 5,000 local, Canadian and international wines, beers, ciders and spirits. Up to 16,000 different products will be offered by 2017.
- The new site will offer access to online exclusives and products that have never been available for purchase before outside of LCBO's Private Ordering and Consignment programs.
- Products ordered online can be delivered free of charge to a customer's preferred LCBO store or to anywhere in Ontario for a flat fee of $12 (plus tax) per order.
- Online orders for home delivery will be made within 2 to 3 days. Online orders will be available for pick-up at any LCBO store within 4 to 12 days.
- LCBO's longstanding commitment to the responsible sale of beverage alcohol will extend to online sales. Customers must verify they are of legal drinking age prior to placing an order and someone with valid ID must be present to accept the package in-store or at home.
- Home deliveries will be made via Canada Post, which has a successful track record of handling and delivering products responsibly from wineries and for other liquor boards.
- LCBO customers from across Ontario will now have increased access to products from 85 countries, as well as LCBO's complete offering of domestic beers, wines, ciders and spirits.
- LCBO's e-commerce platform is endorsed by government and supported by the Premier's Advisory Council on Government Assets to improve customer service and choice.
- Investing in e-commerce will improve customer service, product selection and help the LCBO generate significant annual revenue to fund important government priorities, such as health care, hospitals, education and infrastructure.
- LCBO's new online platform creates business opportunities for local and international suppliers, including those who couldn't previously supply the 655-store LCBO network.
- In fiscal 2015-16, LCBO recorded $5.57 billion in sales and delivered its 22nd consecutive record dividend to the province of $1.935 billion, excluding taxes.
- To explore LCBO's new e-commerce site and begin shopping the world, please visit lcbo.com
- LCBO reminds customers to please drink responsibly and to never consume alcohol when driving or boating. Responsible hosting information, including alcohol-free 0% cocktail recipes is available at www.deflatetheelephant.com.
For further information: MEDIA CONTACTS: Christine Bujold, LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator, Tel. 416.864.6772, Cell: 416.587.3729, E-mail: [email protected]; Genevieve Tomney, LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator, Tel. 416.864.6875, Cell: 647.339.5428, E-mail: [email protected]
Share this article