THORNHILL, ON, May 18, 2016 /CNW/ - Whether you are driving a short distance or right across Canada, CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) has some helpful tips to ensure your car is ready for your road trip.
Seven ways to prep your car before you hit the highway:
- Change your oil and top up your fluids.
- Check your headlights, brake lights and turn signals to make sure they are working properly.
- Replace old air filters as dirt can restrict airflow and make it difficult to defog your windows.
- Check your tire pressure to improve your vehicle's handling and extend the life cycle of your tires.
- Clean your windshield, inside and out, and replace worn wiper blades.
- Replace any frayed or worn hoses and belts.
- Have a professional test your car battery and replace it if it's weak. CAA Battery Service will test, boost or replace your battery.
When in doubt, visit the nearest CAA approved garage for a thorough vehicle inspection.
What to do if you are involved in a collision:
- Don't panic, try to stay calm.
- Dial 9-1-1 if someone is injured or if there is significant damage to any of the vehicles involved.
- All collisions resulting in property damage to vehicle(s) exceeding $2,000 must be reported to police.
- If it is safe to do so, move the vehicle(s) to the side of the road.
- Record all the details of the collision and exchange information.
- If your vehicle needs to be towed to a Collision Reporting Centre (CRC), contact your insurance company before signing or authorizing any towing.
- If you are insured with CAA Insurance, we will arrange for the pick-up and towing of your vehicle from the CRC to a repair facility.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.