VANCOUVER, Feb. 28, 2019 /CNW/ - Western Canada's Largest Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show, presented by G Adventures, returns to the Vancouver Convention Centre, Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3, 2019. This exciting two-day event offers a large selection of exhibits and interactive features sure to make you forget about snow. The show is a must attend for the passionate outdoor adventurer who is ready to start planning and get outside!
- Get amazing pre-season deals from over 250 exhibitors featuring everything for the outdoors from camping on land to paddling remote bodies of water.
- See breathtaking presentations and hear from seasoned adventure travelers as they share incredible stories of the thrill of adventure travel in the International Travel Theatre.
- Bring the kids and have them take part in the Junior Outdoor Adventurers Program. This scavenger hunt through the show offers kids a chance to win great prizes while learning all about the great outdoors.
- Watch the pros take on interactive canoe, kayak and stand-up paddleboard demos in the Demo Pool in our Paddlers Paradise.
- Stretch and climb your way to the top of our Rock Wall.
- The Purple Hayes School of Kayaking is offering free lessons in the Demo Pool at the show – learn how to roll a kayak and other tricks!
- Plan your next memorable trip with experienced guides who have inside information on the best places to visit.
- Attend a free travel photography seminar and learn about the challenges you may encounter while taking photographs on the go and get tips on techniques required to overcome them courtesy of Leo's Camera and Supply.
Be inspired by Special Guest Appearances including:
- Perpetual traveler, Edith Beaudoin from Aurora Expeditions, will be sharing her stories of adventure at the show.
- Footprint Kayak & Hike Explorations' owner and operator John Hermsen loves to share his passion for the Sunshine Coast and its nearly endless outdoor activities. They are specialized in guided day and multi-day Sea Kayak and Hike Tours and also offer a variety of engaging Travel Specials.
- CC's Outdoor Recreation Correspondent on CBC Vancouver TV and across BC on CBC Radio 1 and perennial outdoorsman, Sam Waddington. Sam's unquenchable desire for adventure continuously takes him into the outdoors, paragliding, mountaineering, rock climbing, spearfishing, scuba diving, surfing, skiing and mountain biking.
- Kelly Pearce is an outdoor educator based in Hope, BC. Kelly has worked for 14 years as a park naturalist at Manning Provincial Park and has a detailed knowledge of the natural and human history of the Fraser River and North Cascade Mountains.
See it! Live it! Do it! At The Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show, presented by G Adventures, takes place Saturday, March 2nd through until Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, East Building, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 0C3. For more information, admission and a schedule of awe-inspiring travel presentations, please visit www.OutdoorAdventureShow.ca.
Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10am - 6pm
Sunday, March 3, 2019, 10am - 5pm
Show Sponsors Include:
Presenting Sponsor: G Adventures
Photography Seminars: Leo's Camera and Supply
Official Product: SPOT / Globalstar Canada Satellite Co.
The Outdoor Adventure Show is produced by National Event Management. With over 40 years of show experience, National Event Management produces the largest & best-attended consumer events in North America. For more information about National Event Management, visit www.nationalevent.com.
SOURCE The Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show
For further information: Lisa Spodek, Director of Marketing, [email protected], 905-477-2677 ext. 225, www.outdooradventureshow.ca