- Celebrity guests to kick off the new season include, Emmy® award-winning actors Victor Garber and Eric McCormack, Canadian chef Chuck Hughes, and Madonna's makeup artist Gina Brooke -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/QT4ZL1
TORONTO, Aug. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - The queen of daytime is back with an all-new season of THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, premiering Monday, August 27 at 10 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV.ca and CTV Mobile. Since premiering in January 2011, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW has seen double-digit growth (+20%) in the key F18-49 demo*. Now back for a third season, the # 1 Canadian lifestyle series continues to feature both Canadian and international talent in a fun, topical style. Canadian celebrity chef Chuck Hughes (Aug. 27) kicks off the first week which also includes Eric McCormack (Aug. 30), the star of Bravo's new series PERCEPTION, and Victor Garber (Aug. 28), who will discuss the DVD release of Titanic 3D. Capping off premiere week, Joe Zee, Creative Director of ELLE Magazine, and Madonna's makeup artist Gina Brooke drop by for this season's first makeover (Aug. 31).
**Media Note** Download photos for THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW at BellMediaPR.ca.
After two successful seasons featuring celebrity guests, introducing new lifestyle experts and inspiring Canadian viewers, Marilyn Denis shares her excitement for Season 3 in a special media message: please click here to view.
MARILYN By the Numbers
Fun facts and details about producing a live show, 5 days a week:
- 177,577 km - distance Marilyn's team travelled in the making of the show for production purposes, including home décor and personal style makeovers
- 16,672 - live studio audience members
- 14,284 km - greatest distance travelled by an audience member to see THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW (Phuket, Thailand to Toronto, Ontario)
- 10,118 - viewer emails received during Season 2
- 5,500 - hours of live television Marilyn has hosted in her career
- 705 - emails sent by a single viewer
- 136 - celebrity interviews including 3 OSCAR® winners (Diane Keaton, Jennifer Hudson, Christopher Plummer) and 19 GRAMMY® winners (Elton John, Carrie Underwood, Train, Kelly Clarkson)
- 61 - fashion makeovers
- 13 - pairs of glasses worn by Marilyn over the past two seasons
About THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW
Hosted by Marilyn Denis and broadcast live before a studio audience, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW is a daily entertainment and lifestyle talk show featuring Canadian and international celebrities and experts, established and emerging alike. Celebrities who have appeared on THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW include Sir Elton John, Diane Keaton, Bradley Cooper, Shania Twain, Hugh Jackman, Michael Bublé, Lionel Richie, Gene Simmons, and many more. Executive produced by Michelle Crespi, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW airs live Monday-Friday at 10 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV.ca, and CTV Mobile, and then again at 11 a.m. ET on CTV Two, and on demand at marilyn.ca. Fans can also watch Marilyn on the weekend with THE BEST OF THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, airing Saturdays and Sundays at 12 p.m. ET on CTV Two (check local listings).
CTV, Canada's Olympic Network, is also Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada's most-watched television network and lead broadcaster of the London 2012 Olympic Games. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, 9/12/2011 to 7/29/2012, final data.
* Season 2 (1/9/2011-7/15/2012) vs. Season 1 (1/10/2011-7/17/2011)
For further information: