- Electrical components affected by flooding may not be safe to operate
- Company offers tips and guidelines for residents, business owners and electrical contractors
- Schneider Electric Canada joins local flood relief program
MISSISSAUGA, ON, May 18, 2017 /CNW/ - Schneider Electric Canada, the global specialist in energy management and automation, urges those affected by recent floods to exercise caution when working with water damaged electrical equipment, and is offering tips to homeowners, businesses and electrical contractors to stay safe.
While restoring power is a priority, doing it safely is an absolute necessity. Schneider Electric Canada recommends the following safety guidelines before re-energizing a home or business:
- Ensure the power is off before working on any equipment
- Call a licensed electrician to inspect and repair your electrical system
- Many types of electrical equipment must be replaced after exposure to water (Details here)
- Electrical equipment must be used in accordance with the ratings and instructions for that equipment
- Electrical equipment must be installed in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code® and other applicable local or provincial codes
- Installations or repairs should be inspected by qualified authorities before restoring power
To learn more about dealing with water and damaged electrical equipment, visit the links below for electrical safety guidelines, visit us at www.schneider-electric.ca or call 1-800-265-3374.
Schneider Electric is also working closely with local teams in affected areas to help in the rebuilding effort. Our Donor Matching program is helping residents in need. Canadians interested in offering support can donate to the local Red Cross Spring Floods Appeal.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of US~$26 billion (~€25 billion euros) in FY2016, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
SOURCE Schneider Electric
For further information: Media Contacts: StrategicAmpersand (For Schneider Electric Canada Inc.), Sachin Persaud / Cindy Watson, Tel.: 416-961-5595, email@example.com