- EcoStruxure™ IT, the next generation cloud-based Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM), helps customers optimize infrastructure performance and mitigate risk by:
- Providing visibility across the entire data centre ecosystem, in the cloud and at the edge
- Delivering insights with data-driven recommendations to improve availability
- Enabling third-party integrations in an IoT-enabled open architecture and platform
MISSISSAUGA, ON, June 28, 2018 /CNW/ - Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, has announced EcoStruxure™ IT, the first "Data Centre Management as a Service" architecture.
EcoStruxure IT revolutionizes data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) by delivering a cloud-based architecture purpose-built for hybrid IT and data centre environments. The vendor-agnostic architecture delivers a new standard for proactive insights on critical assets that impact the health and availability of an IT environment with the ability to deliver actionable real-time recommendations to optimize infrastructure performance and mitigate risk.
Key benefits of EcoStruxure IT include:
- Global visibility across the hybrid ecosystem – from anywhere – with one tap access right from a smartphone
- Device information, smart alarms and monitoring through an open system collecting data from all devices regardless of vendor
- Foresight into potential risks by leveraging global benchmarks and analytics in the EcoStruxure data lake
- Ease of deployment through a convenient subscription model for any size environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor, the Schneider Electric Service Bureau. In the event of an incident, the Service Bureau helps troubleshoot and ultimately reduces mean time to repair
New offers within EcoStruxure IT include:
EcoStruxure Asset Advisor brings a proactive approach to critical data centre assets, combining IoT and cloud-based technologies with Schneider Electric's experts and services to provide predictive service for business continuity. EcoStruxure Asset Advisor services offer the ability to anticipate and address issues before they become critical incidents, mitigating safety risks, avoiding unplanned downtime, operational losses and expensive maintenance interventions.
With this data, Asset Advisor gives customers the power of choice for critical decisions, either to take action themselves or to leverage Schneider Electric's Service Bureau to do so on their behalf.
Key benefits of EcoStruxure Asset Advisor include:
- Increased safety: Better security of assets and personnel with early equipment failure warnings
- Greater operational performance: Reduced unscheduled downtime, increased asset life, and a consistent experience with an optimized maintenance plan
- Financial efficiency: Reduced failure risk as well as optimized ownership and maintenance
- costs as a result of new asset insight
- Industry leading expertise: The Schneider Electric Service Bureau provides expert monitoring of critical devices 24/7
"The growing complexity and diversity of critical data centre environments coupled with reduced budget and staff have led to a management challenge for data centre professionals," said Dave Johnson, Executive Vice President, IT Division, Schneider Electric. "The first step in overcoming this challenge is through a cloud-first management strategy. EcoStruxure IT provides global access and insights to data centre environments from anywhere, at any time on any device. Bringing this level of visibility and access to our customers will enable them to benchmark their entire IT ecosystem while providing trend analysis, intelligent maintenance and more, all while reducing risks and increasing efficiency."
EcoStruxure IT is the latest addition to Schneider Electric's EcoStruxure, its IoT-enabled, plug-and-play, open architecture, which delivers end-to-end solutions in six domains of expertise – Power, IT, Building, Machine, Plant and Grid – for four end markets (Building, Data Centre, Industry and Infrastructure). EcoStruxure is driving digital transformation for Schneider Electric clients globally, enabling them to be competitive in today's digital economy.
As a part of EcoStruxure IT, Schneider Electric continues to offer StruxureWare for Data Centres, a self-contained on-premises monitoring and operations management solution, suitable for data centre and IT deployments of all sizes and scale. Additionally, Schneider Electric offers a simplified process and tool for StruxureWare customers interested in migrating to the new EcoStruxure IT architecture.
"There are a range of factors that affect the operations of data centres in Canada, and we work closely with customers to help them identify their management needs and address them in a streamlined way," said David O'Reilly, Vice President and General Manager, IT Solutions Division, Schneider Electric Canada. "EcoStruxure IT simplifies how data centre environments are optimized."
More information on the capabilities and availability of EcoStruxure IT can be found here.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. www.schneider-electric.ca
SOURCE Schneider Electric
For further information: Media Relations, Jennifer Kanji, Schneider Electric Canada, Tel: (905) 366-0682, [email protected]