New appetizer collections from Dairy Farmers of Canada spread joy this holiday season
TORONTO, Dec. 4, 2014 /CNW/ - The holidays are made up of special moments that we treasure. In this spirit, Dairy Farmers of Canada just released 30 mouthwatering appetizer recipes featuring cheese made from 100% Canadian milk that will help hosts create cherished holiday moments for years to come.
"These attractive and delicious appetizers will enchant friends and family," says Sandra Da Silva, assistant director, external communications at Dairy Farmers of Canada. "Canadian cheese is known for its taste, quality and versatility and all of these special qualities really shine through in these delectable bite-size treats."
Ranging from simple to more elaborate, these tasty appetizers are grouped into five collections that were inspired by various moments of pleasure associated with holiday celebrations:
- RSVP collection was inspired by sophisticated holiday celebrations with special friends. Canadian cheese truly stands out in these exquisite hors d'oeuvres.
- Casual & Convivial collection was inspired by fun, informal get-togethers. This collection will help hosts delight their guests with a holiday spread of appetizers bursting with sweet and savoury canapés.
- Let it Snow collection was created to help families satisfy hungry children and adults alike with fun, yummy bites, just perfect after a day out in the snow.
- Winter Warmth collection was inspired by romantic moments. This collection of blissfully delicious indulgences is perfect for couples to enjoy at a candlelit table for two or curled up fireside.
- Spur of the Moment collection was inspired by those spontaneous get-togethers with friends and family. Hosts can welcome drop-in guests with these easy-to-make, extra tasty bites that are ready in nearly no time.
"Whether you are planning a sophisticated evening, a casual get-together with friends and family, a fireside rendezvous with a loved one, or throwing together some delicious bites for last minute guests, these collections are all you need to entertain during the holidays," says Sandra.
All the recipes are available at AllYouNeedIsCheese.ca/Holiday.
About Dairy Farmers of Canada
Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) strives to create favourable conditions for the Canadian dairy industry, today and in the future. DFC works to maintain policies that foster the viability of Canadian dairy producers and to promote quality Canadian dairy products made from 100% Canadian milk as part of a healthy balanced diet.
SOURCE: Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC)
For further information: or to receive recipes and/or high resolution photos, please contact: Sandra Da Silva / Geneviève Fontaine, Dairy Farmers of Canada, (647) 633-3741 / (514) 434-2347, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com