- With only two episodes left until its Fall Finale, SAVING HOPE leads GRACEPOINT simulcast by double digits -
- CTV delivers the Top 3 programs among key female demos, and three of the Top 4 programs of the night with total viewers -
- HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER and GREY'S ANATOMY are #1 and #2 with total viewers and the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos -
- Playback + 7 data sees the HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER premiere rise to 3.1 million viewers -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1Earc3d
TORONTO, Oct. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Halfway through its fall event, CTV's own SAVING HOPE solidly owned its Thursdays at 9 p.m. timeslot last night with an initial audience of 1.3 million viewers, preliminary overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. Along with the Top 2 programs of the night - HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER and GREY'S ANATOMY - SAVING HOPE allowed CTV to claim the Top 3 programs of the night among F18-49 and F25-54, as well as three of the Top 4 programs of the night for total viewers and all key demos.
CTV won every hour of primetime with total views and both key demos, but it was women who powered the evening. CTV's primetime lineup averaged more than 1 million female viewers, 85% more than CTV's next closest competitor.
**Media Note** Photography from Thursday night programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
With preliminary Playback + 7 data now in, last Thursday's (Sept. 25) female-driven lineup on CTV saw the series premiere of one of this fall's biggest new series HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER climb to 3.1 million (from 2.4 million), the season premiere of GREY'S ANATOMY grow to 2.2 million viewers (from 1.8 million), and the second episode of SAVING HOPE increase to 1.5 million (from 1.2 million).
A closer look at Thursday's Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
- With 1.66 million viewers at 8 p.m., GREY'S ANATOMY was #2 for the night with total viewers and the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos, besting BONES (1.65 million; Global/FOX) by +21% A18-49 and +18% A25-54.
- Winning its timeslot at 9 p.m., the stand-alone broadcast of SAVING HOPE (1.32 million) led the simulcast series premiere of GRACEPOINT (1.1 million; Global/FOX) by double-digits with total viewers and in all key demos (+19% P2; +25% A18-34; +86% A18-49; +54% A25-54). With only two episodes left before its Fall Finale, SAVING HOPE grew 10% with total viewers and 7% among A25-54 over last Thursday's episode. SAVING HOPE also more than doubled SCANDAL's (510,000; City/ABC) audiences with total viewers (+158%), as well as in the key A18-49 (+129%) and A25-54 (+145%).
- Retaining 97% of its premiere audience, HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER delivered an initial overnight audience of 2.34 million viewers at 10 p.m., winning its hour and ranking #1 for the day for the second week in a row with total viewers and all key demos.
New episodes of THE AMAZING RACE at 8 p.m. ET, SHARK TANK at 9 p.m. ET, and BLUE BLOODS at 10 p.m. ET continue tonight on CTV and CTV GO. The encore broadcast of Space original series ORPHAN BLACK also continues at 9 p.m. ET on CTV Two.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada). Overnight vs. overnight, except where noted. Program audiences for Sept. 25, 2014 based on preliminary data with Playback + 7.
For further information: