SmartThings App allows Canadians to stay connected at home or on-the-go all through one App
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Oct. 10, 2018 /CNW/ - Today, Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., announced the launch of SmartThings, the easy way to turn a home into a smart home, underscoring how technology can simplify daily life. Acting as the hub of the connected home, the new SmartThings App detects and pairs with compatible devices and connects wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices enabling them to work together for a smarter home.
SmartThings works with a variety of Samsung products, including the new Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Tab S4 and Galaxy Watch, along with the Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and FlexSystem laundry collection and compatible third party products from the Ring Video Doorbell to the ecobee4 thermostat1. More importantly, through the SmartThings App, Canadians can now manage and experience the connectivity of all their products through one App.
"At Samsung, we're committed to bringing Canadians innovative products that provide meaningful convenience and uninterrupted connectivity," said Jennifer Safruk, VP of Sales and Product Management, Mobile at Samsung Canada. "With our comprehensive portfolio of connected devices, we are uniquely positioned to offer Canadians a way to manage their connected ecosystem of devices, whether controlling the lights, TV, temperature and even home appliances."
Based on individual and family needs, "automations" can be customized to match a consumer's routines. For instance, running the 'good morning' scene turns on lights, turns off the air conditioner and starts the coffee maker at the desired time. Compatible devices are easily detected by, and paired with, the SmartThings App and profiles can be effortlessly shared so your family stays connected.
In expanding the Samsung ecosystem of devices and accessories for Canadians, key Samsung SmartThings products will include:
- Samsung SmartThings Hub - connect wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and make them work together
- Samsung SmartThings Wifi - a 2-in-1 Mesh Wi-Fi router that includes the functionality of the SmartThings Hub, allowing for connectivity between a home's devices
- Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor - Multipurpose Sensor detects whether doors and windows are open or closed as well as monitors temperature and vibration, allowing home to react using 'automations' set up in the SmartThings App
- Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor - keep tabs on the home through the SmartThings Motion Sensor, which alerts when movement is detected
- Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor – if there's a leak, this sensor will be able to let you know and react accordingly by turning off connected devices (such as a dishwasher or washing machine) based on moisture detection
- Samsung SmartThings Outlet - control traditional lamps, electronics and small appliances
- Samsung SmartThings Button - control connected devices at the touch of a button with three programmable triggers
Learn more about SmartThings here: www.samsung.com/ca/smart-things/
For a detailed list of compatible products from Samsung and official third-party manufacturers, please see: www.smartthings.com
About Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
Samsung Electronics Canada inspires Canadians to reach their full potential through a transformative ecosystem of products and services that deliver innovation and distinct design to every aspect of their connected lives. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, virtual reality and wearable devices, tablets and digital appliances. In 2017, Samsung ranked top 10 in Interbrand's "Best Global Brands" list, Ipsos Canada's Most Influential Brands in Canada, and Leger Marketing's Most Admired Brands in Canada. Dedicated to helping make a difference in the lives of Canadians, Samsung's award-winning Hope for Children corporate giving initiatives supports public education, sustainability and health-related issues in communities across the country. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
For further information: Katelin Onishi, North Strategic for Samsung Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-883-4684