Association will announce winners of its Excellence in Journalism Award October 3
MISSISSAUGA, ON, July 23, 2013 /CNW/ - The Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario (RPNAO) is accepting submissions for its annual Excellence in Journalism Award. The award recognizes the best health reporting by print, online and broadcast journalists across Ontario, with special emphasis on stories that focus on nursing (particularly practical nursing) and the important work that nurses do.
"We're asking health care journalists from across the province to send us their best work over the past year," said Dianne Martin, Executive Director of RPNAO. "The members of the media play an incredibly important role in bringing stories of nursing and health care to the public. This award is our way of expressing our gratitude to Ontario's health care journalists and shining a spotlight on their work."
- Anyone may nominate a media story/journalist for the award.
- Journalists are welcome to submit their own work.
- Multiple submissions will be accepted.
- To be eligible, stories must have been published after September 1, 2012.
- The geographic focus of the story may be local, provincial or national.
- Stories focusing on nursing (particularly practical nursing) will be given priority.
- Submissions from print, broadcast and online journalism will be accepted.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- There is no entry fee.
The Excellence in Journalism Award(s) will be presented at RPNAO's Annual General Meeting and Conference dinner on October 3, 2013 in Woodbridge. Judging will be conducted by RPNAO's Awards Committee. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, Sept. 13, 2013. Please send your nomination or submission, along with a brief letter explaining why the nominee should receive the award, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1958, RPNAO is the voice of registered practical nursing in Ontario. There are more than 32,000 RPNs working in Ontario, playing a vital role in the province's health care system. For more information about RPNAO, please visit www.rpnao.org.
SOURCE: Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario
For further information:
please contact Searle Schonewille at 905-602-4664 ext. 223 or email@example.com