TORONTO, Aug. 16, 2012 /CNW/ - Started in 1962 as a venture between several Canadian banks looking for a way to enter the real estate and equipment loan business, Roynat has evolved over the last 50 years to become a leading provider of financial solutions to Canada's mid-market businesses. Today Roynat offers a wide range of financial solutions including term loans, subordinated debt, lease financing, asset based lending and equity investments.
"Roynat plays an important role in Scotiabank's commitment to Canada's small and medium-sized businesses," said Anatol von Hahn, Scotiabank's Group Head of Canadian Banking. "Sometimes these businesses have specific financing needs that go beyond traditional lending, and that's where a partner like Roynat comes in. Roynat has been part of Scotiabank for almost 20 years now and they are an integral but uniquely positioned component within the Scotiabank suite of financing options."
Over the past five decades, Roynat has refined its approach, emerging as a highly competitive alternative for mid-market businesses looking for advice and solutions to meet their financing needs.
"Our success lies in our ability to provide our partners with financial solutions that are as unique as they are," said Rania Llewellyn, President and CEO of Roynat. "Whether our clients are purchasing assets like real estate or equipment, growing or expanding their businesses or contemplating an acquisition, buyout or sale, we look to structure a creative solution that will help them reach their goals. With teams and offices across the country, we have the local knowledge and the flexibility to meet almost any financial requirement, including taking an equity stake when needed."
Roynat's innovative approach and commitment to service has earned them the loyalty of many long-time customers. St. Johns Packaging Ltd., one of Roynat's first customers, remains a customer today.
"We have been with Roynat since they first started operations in 1962," said Jacques Leclair, Chairman of St. Johns Packaging Ltd. "Over the years, they provided us with the financial solutions that were required to support expansions in Canada, the U.S. and China. Roynat understood our vision and helped build our business to be one of the leaders in our field today. Our relationship is a reflection of what the right financial partner can do to help a business grow."
- Roynat was originally formed in 1962 as a vehicle to finance commercial real estate and equipment.
- As their clients' needs for innovative, non-traditional financing solutions evolved, Roynat grew from its initial three offices to its current national presence, and broad offering of financial solutions.
- Roynat became a wholly-owned part of Scotiabank in 1994 when the Bank acquired Montreal Trust. Recognizing its unique value and potential within the mid-market business segment, Scotiabank maintained Roynat as a standalone entity.
- This approach has allowed Roynat to continue to build on its well-established brand while providing the flexibility the company needed to meet the evolving demands of its target market.
- Roynat works with more than 1,100 companies across Canada, with over $3 billion in loans and other financial products.
- Roynat's private equity division recently rebranded to Roynat Equity Partners. They partner with mid market companies to help them grow, maximize value, and become market leaders.
- In 2012, Roynat occupies a unique space in Canada's banking landscape, focusing on the mid-market business and backed by one of Canada's largest banks.
"Fundamental to our success, both past and future, is the consistent and passionate service of our employees who foster a culture dedicated to helping mid-market companies in Canada to prosper and grow," concluded Ms. Llewellyn.
Since 1962, Roynat Inc. has been delivering creative capital solutions to Canadian businesses. With offices nationwide, Roynat offers financing alternatives by drawing on a broad range of financial solutions including term loans, asset based lending, leasing, subordinated debt and equity. Roynat Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank. For more information, please visit www.roynat.com.
Scotiabank is one of North America's premier financial institutions and Canada's most international bank. With more than 80,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates serve some 19 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world. Scotiabank offers a broad range of products and services including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking. With assets of $660 billion (as at April 30, 2012), Scotiabank trades on the Toronto (BNS) and New York Exchanges (BNS). For more information please visit www.scotiabank.com.
For further information: