Canadian Justice League illustrator Jason Fabok and colorist Brad Anderson, artists
behind the coin series, to make personal appearance at Royal Canadian Mint booth
OTTAWA, Oct. 27, 2017 /CNW/ - The Royal Canadian Mint is celebrating pop culture with comic book fans from all over the country attending Central Canada Comic Con (C4) by introducing its new Justice League series of coloured coins, crafted in cupro-nickel, gold and silver, which feature artwork specially conceived by Canadians Justice League artists Jason Fabok and Brad Anderson. Comic book super hero fans attending C4 from October 27 to 29, 2017 can be among the first to get their hands on these finely crafted collectibles.
This 2018-dated Justice League collection consists of the following:
- a 25-cent cupro-nickel lenticular coin animating all six members of the Justice League;
- a trio of 1oz. fine silver coins with a $20 face value, each featuring a pairing of super heroes (Cyborg and Superman; Batman and Aquaman; The Flash and Wonder Woman);
- a $30 fine silver coin celebrating "The World's Greatest Super Heroes"; and
- a $100 14-Karat gold coin entitled "United We Stand".
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the "Shop" tab of www.mint.ca.
Comic book super hero fans will be able to meet the artists at the Mint booth during the following times:
- Friday October 27, from 3 pm to 6 pm
- Saturday, October 28, from 10 am to noon
- Sunday October 29, from 10 am to noon
Images of these coins are available at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0eiy305hc78ooyv/AAC17kFmE4Ir1Gb722gBytX7a?dl=0.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada's circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified corporation, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mint
For further information: Alex Reeves, Senior Advisor, External Communications, Royal Canadian Mint, (613) 949-5777, firstname.lastname@example.org