- Carriers sign up in force for largest aviation networking forum in the Americas
MANCHESTER, England, Dec. 6, 2012 /CNW/ - The 6th Routes Americas, held in association with ALTA, will take place on 10-12 February 2013 in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia hosted by Sociedad Aeroportuaria de la Costa S.A. (SACSA) and its partners. The event, which is the annual gathering of air service decision makers for the entire Americas region, will bring together more than 350 delegates from airports, airlines, tourism authorities and other industry stakeholders from across the Americas to discuss air service development.
The event is expected to attract over 60 airlines from across the Americas and beyond and with over 35 carriers already registered to attend this figure is expected to rise further. All four US network carriers; US Airways, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and the world's largest airline, United Airlines (who attended the event for the first time this year) have already confirmed that they will be in Colombia for the event along with the top low-cost carriers in the US (JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit). From elsewhere in the region registrations have so far included Volaris, COPA Airlines, Aeromexico and Colombia's home carrier, Avianca-TACA.
Moreover, a strong presence from Canada looks likely with registrations confirmed from Air Canada, who will return to the event for the first time since 2009, and leading low cost carrier, WestJet, which boasts an extensive network into the Caribbean, have also confirmed their attendance and will also take meetings for their new subsidiary WestJet Encore whose initial schedule will be announced in January 2013. Alaska Airlines and WestJet Encore have also confirmed that they will deliver a Route Exchange Airline Briefing during the event; these briefings will provide attending airports with a unique insight into the carrier's planning process. It is expected that further briefings will be confirmed over the coming weeks.
Routes Americas attracts senior key decision makers, from a variety of airlines, who are responsible for making decisions on both new and existing routes and the 2013 event looks set to see attendance from many senior airline delegates. Registrations of note so far include Mr Enrique Beltranena, CEO of Volaris, Mr Barry Biffle, Executive VP & Chief Marketing Officer of Spirit Airlines and Mr Nicolas Rhoads, Senior VP Commercial Planning of Aeromexico.
Airline Relations Director, Paul Winfield commented: "This event has seen year on year growth with more airlines than ever attending the event in 2012. The number and range of registrations received so far is an encouraging sign and is testament to the importance of this event for route development in the entire Americas region. The diverse mix of airlines attending Routes Americas in Cartagena confirms that this is a must attend event for airlines and airports looking to do business in the Americas."
For more information about Routes Americas and up to date attendee lists please visit http://www.routesonline.com.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm‐global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premier brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @RouteExchange, @airlineroute
SOURCE: UBM Aviation Routes Ltd
For further information:
Victoria Jones, PR Executive, UBM Aviation Routes Limited, T: +44-(0)161-234-2730, E: [email protected]