Austin-Bergstrom International Airport crowned overall winner in first regional heat of Routes Awards 2015
DENVER, Feb. 3, 2015 /CNW/ - Last night during a fantastic networking evening hosted by Denver International Airport and its partners at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport was announced as the winner of the first heat of the 2015 Routes Marketing Awards. Over 650 aviation professionals were gathered to witness the presentation of the awards and to take part in the 8th Routes Americas - the only route development event for the entire Americas.
Speaking just after receiving the award Austin Bergstrom International Airport's Assistant Director, Jamy Kazanoff said: "We are absolutely delighted about the win, but a little shocked to pick this up given we were up against other airports with such high business credentials. It means a lot to us to be recognised by our airline partners for what we have achieved and I would like to thank them all for showing support in our journey to turn Austin-Bergstrom International Airport into one of the nation's most successful airports."
The annual Routes Marketing Awards are highly regarded as the most prestigious awards in the industry as they are voted for and judged by the airline network planning community. They provide the airline community with the chance to have their say as to which airport or tourism authority they think provides the best overall marketing services to them whether this relates to their particular relationship, effective results, provision of data and information or innovative techniques to establish new or maintain and develop existing routes.
As overall winner of this regional heat of the Routes Marketing Awards Austin-Bergstrom will be automatically shortlisted for the World Routes Marketing Awards which will take place at the event in Durban, 19-22 September 2015.
Austin-Bergstrom was also named as the winner from the 4-20 million passengers category with Orlando International Airport honoured from the over 20 million passengers category. From the under 4 million passengers category Regina Airport Authority were ranked top and the Destination Award went to Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority for the second consecutive year.
"We are delighted to announce Austin-Bergstrom International Airport as the winner of this regional heat of our marketing awards and would like to congratulate them and all of our winners," commented Katie Bland, Director Routes, UBM EMEA continuing: "In the past 12 months Austin-Bergstrom has achieved record growth and has surpassed the 10.7 million figure for 2014 with capacity up by 7.0%. With 4 new carriers and 8 new destinations, the airport now offers 44 destinations served by 13 carriers."
The shortlisted finalists were nominated by airlines and a respected panel of judges made up of senior members of the airline network planning community from the region then reviewed the lists and submissions from the nominated airports in order to determine the winners. The panel consisted of the following experts:
John Kirby, Vice President of Capacity, Alaska Airlines
Adriana Hurtado, Director of Network Planning, Avianca
Dave Clark, VP Network Planning, Jetblue Airways
John Weatherill, Director Network and Schedule Planning, WestJet Airlines
Lukas Johnson, VP Network and Pricing, Allegiant Air
Angel Garcia, Network Planning Director, VivaAeroBus
The full list of companies shortlisted under each award category were as follows:
Over 20 Million Passengers
Orlando International Airport - Winner
George Bush Intercontinental Airport - Highly Commended
Chicago O'Hare International Airport
McCarran International Airport
Toronto Pearson International Airport
4-20 Million Passengers
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - Winner
Tampa International Airport - Highly Commended
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
Pittsburgh International Airport
Punta Cana International Airport
Under 4 Million Passengers
Regina Airport Authority - Winner
Aruba Airport Authority N.V. - Highly Commended
Sangster International Airport
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
University Park Airport
Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority - Winner
Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UKbased ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM EMEA division of UBM plc.
- UBM EMEA connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM EMEA exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
SOURCE UBM Live Routes Ltd