Enhanced Rogers stores put service and community at the forefront of company's retail strategy
VANCOUVER, May 30, 2012 /CNW/ - Rogers Communications officially launched today its first retail store concept in Vancouver with a new design and service strategy. The new store, located at 1295 Davie Street (and Jervis), will offer a new experience in the latest technology and personalized customer services.
The new Rogers retail stores include an integrated service approach that brings the connected technology experience to life. Customers will now have access to more tailored one-on-one service, more of the latest technology and products, and more ways to stay connected and entertained than ever before, in a friendly and interactive retail environment.
"Service and community are at the heart of our innovative new stores," said Sian Doyle, vice-president, retail, Rogers Communications. "The Vancouver store opening is part of a larger retail transformation to enhance how we service and sell to our customers. With interactive learning sessions and seasoned tech experts available onsite, consumers can learn more and get the latest technology and services in-store."
The new Rogers retail stores are designed to support customer engagement and build a community centered on education:
- New Modern Design: Stores will feature a spacious and interactive design that showcases innovative Rogers products and services and makes it easier for customers to experience the Rogers brand in-store;
- Personalized Service: Friendly hosts will greet all customers and make a needs assessment prior to scheduling a one-on-one appointment with a customer service representative. Retail representatives will be able to perform many service transactions in-store including account activations, hardware upgrades, and other account management services, ultimately creating a more seamless and personalized end-to-end service experience for the customer;
- Latest Products and Experiences: Customers can try out Rogers products and services at new, dynamic product stations and by participating in demonstrations;
- Access to Community and Education: A new community table will serve as a hub for interactive learning sessions with other Rogers customers led by seasoned technology experts;
- In-Store Perks: Many stores will offer free Wi-Fi, a charging bar, toys for children, and a selection of Rogers magazines.
"Rogers has an unmatched distribution network today and we will continue to grow and evolve our retail channels to better service customers right across the country," said Doyle. "Our new retail stores answer our customers' need for innovative products and services that consistently deliver great value, where and when they want them, in a seamless, reliable, and easy to use way."
In addition to its Davie and Jervis Street location, Rogers also officially opened a new retail concept store in North Vancouver at 1617 Lonsdale Avenue. Rogers plans to launch over 20 enhanced and remodeled retail store locations coast-to-coast through 2012 in other major markets including Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Saskatchewan, with a rollout strategy to continue in the coming years. Several of these locations will be brand new locations.
About Rogers Communications:
Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.
Image with caption: "With a new design and service strategy, Rogers Communications opens today its new Vancouver store at the corner of Jervis and Davie Streets. It features a new personalized and integrated service approach that brings the connected technology experience to life and includes a community table to service interactive learning sessions led by Rogers technology experts. (CNW Group/Rogers Communications Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120530_C3961_PHOTO_EN_14351.jpg
For further information: