73% of Canadian enterprises claim they waste time and money managing their IT infrastructure
Rogers introduces portfolio of reliable and secure solutions to alleviate burden on IT
TORONTO, Sept. 24, 2015 /CNW/ - Enterprises across Canada are struggling to keep up with mobility demands and the increasing cost of maintaining dated IT systems. Today, Rogers Communications announced a suite of cloud-managed network services that will free up time and capital associated with managing legacy IT technologies and infrastructure. These solutions, offered as a service by Rogers, will give businesses a new approach and will remove costly, legacy hardware, alleviate their maintenance and security concerns and enable them to quickly connect their people, sites and customers.
"Businesses are dealing with a tsunami of mobile devices and data, and IT teams today are under immense pressure to manage this influx," said Nitin Kawale, President, Enterprise Business Unit, Rogers Communications. "With our portfolio of managed network services we are extending our capabilities and expertise to manage their IT infrastructure for them. This will offer enormous savings for businesses since they no longer need to maintain complex IT systems and can reinvest in running their business."
A recent survey commissioned by Rogers and conducted by Vision Critical demonstrates that Canadian businesses are tied up with business as usual operations. They spend 76% of their time managing day-to-day operations, leaving little time to focus on delivering technology and solutions in their business that will drive innovation. Additional findings of the survey conclude:
- 73% of business leaders agree that network management is expensive and time consuming
- 67% say the explosion of mobile devices and data usage make it difficult to manage IT systems
- The majority of business leaders (64%) say the complexity of their systems raises security concerns
- Business leaders say their IT teams waste over 200 hours per week on average managing their networks
Rogers new portfolio of services are managed by Rogers in a cloud environment. Customers can leverage the following solutions to free up time, mitigate security risks, and reduce 'truck rolls' for businesses and their IT teams that operate a number of sites:
- Managed Wi-Fi as a Service: Enterprise Wi-Fi solution from Rogers that we fully manage for the customer in the cloud.
- Rapid Application Development Platform: Pre-built solutions for specific verticals that offer businesses insights and customer analytics, and new ways to engage with their customers
- Virtual Managed Network Services: Cloud-based platform and online portal that delivers security and network services to businesses. Rogers will be the first Canadian Cisco® partner to offer Cisco Powered™ Virtual Managed Services.i
Business leaders and industry analysts also recognize the need for agile business network solutions:
"Businesses are becoming increasingly mobile and they need agile systems to support their clients and workers," said Mark Schrutt, Research Vice President, IDC Canada. "However, the technology platforms they use to support corporate networks were designed for devices like desktop computers. Canadian businesses have an opportunity to benefit greatly from IT solutions that provide them with a secure, fully managed service."
"Each year at Toronto Region Board of Trade, thousands of guests and employees rely on our space to get work done on their mobile devices and be productive," said Catherine Fels-Smith, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer, Toronto Region Board of Trade. "We worked with Rogers to implement a Wi-Fi solution that has given us a faster, more secure connection that we can easily manage in the cloud."
For more information, visit: rogers.com/managedservices
To access the full research report from Vision Critical, click here.
i *Upon completion of Cloud and Managed Services Program (CMSP) audit and approval by Cisco
SOURCE Rogers Communications Inc.
For further information: Michelle Lewis, Rogers Communications Inc., [email protected], c 416.270.1582