Gatineau investment project valued at over $450,000
GATINEAU, QC, April 9, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
The Government of Canada and Investissement Québec have teamed up with Rochef Chocolatier for the delivery of innovation projects evaluated at over $450,000 that will allow the company to continue to expand its domestic and foreign markets.
Greg Fergus, MP for Hull–Aylmer, acting on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED), announced the awarding of a $127,500 repayable contribution to the company. Investissement Québec is supporting the project with a $227,500 loan, provided through its own funds.
CED's financial assistance is allocated through the Quebec Economic Development Program. The funding will allow Rochef Chocolatier to acquire automated equipment and develop and expand its facilities. Winner of a number of awards, including the Wallonia-Brussels-Quebec prize in the Quebec Entrepreneurship Contest, the company, whose products are distributed in Eastern Canada and the U.S., will thus be able to enhance its productivity in order to meet growing demand.
"I am pleased with the Government of Canada's financial support for this leading-edge chocolatier, which has made a name for itself through its perfectly targeted, exquisite and modern products. By improving its production capacity, the company hopes to further diversify its markets so as to be able to shift into high gear."
Greg Fergus, MP for Hull–Aylmer
"Our commitment to take concrete action to ensure economic growth is reflected in our support for innovation, the development of new products and market expansion initiatives. The contribution awarded to Rochef Chocolatier is intended to provide tangible support for this company, which has demonstrated its know-how and, furthermore, is ready to explore new markets."
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for CED
"Rochef Chocolatier is an innovative and creative manufacturer whose team knows how to use the necessary tools to achieve its vision. The modernization efforts of this master chocolatier are producing solid growth, and Investissement Québec hopes to be a partner in this growth for a long time to come."
Pierre Gabriel Côté, President and CEO of Investissement Québec
"We pride ourselves in working with the best raw materials and marrying tradition and innovation. Our chocolate comes in all shapes and sizes because we are constantly on the lookout for new trends and needs, which is what sets us apart from the competition. These investments will open the door to new domestic and international markets."
Alain Fredette, President of Rochef Chocolatier
- Rochef Chocolatier offers an impressive line of chocolate products, including bars, truffles and pralines, lecithin-free organic and fair-trade chocolate, hot chocolate, and fondues. Its products are gaining recognition and, in response to growing demand, the company is now HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) certified.
- CED is one of the six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
- For more information on CED's key directions until 2021, consult Strategic Plan 2021 or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.
- The mission of Investissement Québec is to promote the growth of investment in Quebec, thereby contributing to economic development and job creation in all regions. The organization provides businesses with a complete line of financial solutions, such as loans, loan guarantees and equity transactions, aimed at supporting them during all stages of their development. It is also responsible for administering tax measures and exploring foreign investment opportunities.
- To find out more about innovative manufacturers, visit www.manufacturiersinnovants.com (in French only).
- Follow CED on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Visit CED's Media Room
- Follow Rochef Chocolatier on Facebook and Twitter
- Follow Investissement Québec on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
SOURCE Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
For further information: Media Relations, Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, Tel: 514-283-7443, Email: email@example.com; Isabelle Fontaine, Senior Director, Public and Government AffairsInvestissement Québec, Tel.: 514-876-9359