TORONTO, Aug. 31, 2017 /CNW/ - Staffing firm Robert Half has released its 2018 Salary Guides, which feature salary ranges for hundreds of professional occupations in the accounting, finance, technology, creative, legal and administrative support fields. The company's recruiters from across Canada also weighed in on the following key drivers prompting professionals to search for — and accept — a new role:
- Corporate culture
- Career path
- Cost of living
"Job seekers today are looking beyond pay when evaluating whether a new career opportunity is right for them," said Greg Scileppi, president of Robert Half, International Staffing Operations. "While salary remains pivotal, a well-rounded compensation package that supports a good quality of life is increasingly important to candidates."
"Top professionals want to know that a company will take an active interest in their career goals, and invest in their development," added Scileppi. "Organizations that promote learning opportunities for their staff will not only attract skilled candidates, but also keep current teams engaged while encouraging an innovative work environment."
Following are five key elements that employers should highlight when recruiting, according to Robert Half:
- Compensation — Salary is vital, but be sure to also spotlight the benefits your firm offers when creating compensation packages. The Salary Guides from Robert Half contain new data on the most common benefits, incentives and perks.
- Corporate culture — Do people enjoy working for the company? What are your retention rates, and how often do employees refer their friends to open jobs within the company? How is the organization viewed in the industry and community? These are questions hiring managers should anticipate.
- Career path — Job candidates frequently ask prospective employers more detailed questions to learn about their chances for advancement within an organization. Is promoting from within the exception or the rule? Are there several potential career paths, or is there just one traditional ladder?
- Cost of living — Rising housing prices and other expenses weigh heavily on people considering a job change. They want to know if they can live comfortably and enjoy a good quality of life if they accept a new job.
- Commute — Longer commutes mean people want flexibility and jobs closer to home. Before accepting an offer, candidates often ask about flexible work schedules, commuting benefits (e.g., subsidized transportation) and telecommuting options.
The full 2018 Salary Guides — along with calculators that adjust salary ranges for local markets — can be accessed at roberthalf.ca/salary-guide beginning Sept. 1 .
About the Salary Guides
Robert Half has reported on salaries yearly since 1950. The company gathers information from its specialized recruiters throughout its Canadian offices to compile the Salary Guides. Information in the guides is based on the thousands of job searches, negotiations and placements managed by Robert Half's staffing and recruiting managers. Continuing or ongoing salaries are not reported because many external factors — such as seniority, work ethic, job performance and training — impact the salaries of full-time professionals as work histories develop.
About Robert Half
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized staffing firm. The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company has 325 staffing locations worldwide and offers online job search and management tools at roberthalf.ca. For career and management advice, follow our blog at roberthalf.ca/blog. Follow Robert Half Canada on Twitter at @RobertHalf_CAN for additional workplace advice and hiring trends.
SOURCE Robert Half Canada
For further information: Naz Araghian, 416.865.2140, firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm. Our divisions place highly skilled professionals on a temporary, temporary-to-hire and full-time basis in the fields of accounting and finance; technology; office administration; legal; and creative, marketing and design. And with 340 locations worldwide, Robert Half is dedicated to...