Ritchie Bros. to sell three 18-foot high rock trucks in Fort Worth, TX in March
Feb 15, 2012, 09:00 ET
Three massive 2009 Komatsu rock trucks amongst more than 1,200 equipment items and trucks to be sold in two-day Texas auction (March 8 - 9, 2012)
FORT WORTH, TX, Feb. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE andTSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will conduct an unreserved public auction at its Fort Worth, TX permanent auction site on March 8 - 9, 2012. More than 1,200 equipment items and trucks are already featured in the auction, including three 2009 Komatsu HD785-7 100-ton rock trucks—these 18.8-foot tall trucks will be sold on Day One (Thursday, March 8) of the auction. Bidders can participate in the Fort Worth auction in-person, online in real time at www.rbauction.com or by proxy.
"The 2009 Komatsu HD785-7 rock truck is a very rare find at an auction; in fact Ritchie Bros. has never sold one before—and we have three low-hour models available in this one auction," said David Hobbs, Vice President, Sales, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "The Komatsu HD785-7 has a 1,200 horsepower engine and payload capacity of 100 tons. It stands more than 18-feet high and is more than 35-feet long—so, to say it is big would be an understatement. At this auction we also have a great selection of other big equipment: from wheel loaders and hydraulic excavators to articulated dump trucks, crawler tractors and more. Every item will be sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price—with no minimum bids or reserve prices."
To see photos of the Komatsu HD785-7 rock trucks, visit the Ritchie Bros. web site at rbauction.com/photos and click on "current auctions and events."
Other equipment highlights from the Fort Worth auction include:
- four 2008 Caterpillar 320DL hydraulic excavators
- two 2005 Komatsu HM400-1L 6x6 articulated dump trucks
- two 2007 Challenger MT965B 4WD agricultural tractors
- two 1998 Caterpillar D8R crawler tractors
- a 2010 Caterpillar 962H wheel loader
- a 2010 Caterpillar 950H wheel loader
- a 2009 Komatsu PC400LC-8 long reach hydraulic excavator
- a 2008 Caterpillar RM300 pulvimixer
- a 2007 CON-E-CO Low Pro 10 concrete batch plant
- a 2006 Caterpillar 627G motor scraper
- a 1994 Grove/Krupp KMK5175 175-ton all-terrain crane
Ritchie Bros. will sell more than 1,200 equipment items for more than 175 owners during the two-day Fort Worth auction, including more than 35 hydraulic excavators, 30 crawler tractors, 50 truck tractors, 70 pickup trucks, as well as wheel loaders, articulated dump trucks, cranes, agricultural tractors and more.
Equipment will continue to be added right up to the day of the auction. If you are interested in consigning equipment to the March 8 - 9 Fort Worth auction please contact the auction site at +1.817.237.6544
- Ritchie Bros.' Fort Worth auction site: 6050 Azle Avenue, Lakeworth, TX, 76135
- Fort Worth auction site tel: +1.817.237.6544
- Time and date: Thursday, March 8 to Friday, March 9, 2012. Auction start time: 8:00 a.m. daily
- The auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
- Interested buyers can come to the auction site to inspect, test and compare items ahead of the auction
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE andTSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, selling more equipment to on-site and online bidders than any other company in the world. Ritchie Bros. offers services that enable the world's builders to easily and confidently exchange equipment. The Company conducts hundreds of unreserved public auctions each year, selling a broad range of used and unused equipment, trucks and other assets utilized in the construction, transportation, agricultural, material handling, mining, forestry, petroleum and marine industries. Ritchie Bros. has over 110 locations in more than 25 countries, including 43 auction sites worldwide. The Company maintains a web site at www.rbauction.com and sponsors an equipment wiki at www.RitchieWiki.com
ATTENTION MEDIA: Photos of the three 2009 Komatsu HD785-7 100-ton rock trucks and other media resources are available for use at http://www.rbauction.com/media. Members of the public and the media can follow Ritchie Bros. on Twitter @RitchieBros.
For further information:
Kim Schulz, Manager, Corporate Communications
Phone: +1.604.788.5379 or email [email protected]
David Hobbs, Vice President, Sales, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Fort Worth auction site phone: +1.817.237.6544 or email [email protected]
Share this article