May 7 unreserved auction at Getkate Construction features construction and transportation items, as well as industrial and residential real estate; company in operation for 60+ years
LETHBRIDGE, AB, April 27, 2015 /CNW/ - On May 7, 2015, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE andTSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will conduct an unreserved public auction for Getkate Construction Ltd. in Lethbridge, AB. The one-owner auction includes more than 650 equipment items and trucks, as well as industrial and residential real estate. All items are being sold as part of a retirement dispersal for Getkate Construction, which has been operating in Lethbridge for more than 60 years. Bids can be made in person at the auction site (211040 Township Rd 92, Lethbridge County, AB), live online at rbauction.com and by proxy.
"Getkate Construction is one of the most well-respected contractors in Alberta and their fleet is second-to-none," said Jim Rotlisberger, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "They've run a supremely tight operation, as can be seen by the quality of their property, their workshop and their equipment. Everything will be sold on auction day—from late model Caterpillar and Komatsu construction equipment to Kenworth trucks, real estate and more. It's going to be an exciting event."
Getkate Construction is currently owned and operated by John Getkate. The company was established by his grandfather, Marinus "Dutchie", as a prominent Lethbridge masonry contractor, building churches and schools throughout Southern Alberta in the 1950s - 1960s. His father, Derk, grew the company further by moving into commercial construction and then into building concrete-lined irrigation canals and irrigation structures. John, who grew up in the business learning to operate heavy equipment from the age of eight, officially joined the company in the late 1970s and the company moved into infrastructure related projects including water resource spillway and dam projects, bridges, pile driving, and underground sewer & water contracts. Getkate Construction has performed work throughout Alberta, B.C. and the Northwest Territories. After a successful 37 year career with Getkate, John has decided to retire.
"This auction is a celebration of everything we have accomplished. It's been a very rewarding career, working with a great team on some very challenging projects, and it's time for the next chapter," said John Getkate. "We've taken great pride in our fleet. It's all prime, clean gear and it's ready to go to work for a new owner. We welcome potential bidders to come down to see our operation and test and inspect the equipment for themselves."
Real estate & equipment highlights:
- 5.50±-acre commercial property, including 32,440±-ft2 commercial industrial buildings (main shop, auxiliary shop & parts storage, crane shop, etc.)
- 33.98±-acre residential property, including 3,842±-ft2 custom designed executive bungalow and 30± acres of irrigated farmland
- A 2010 Liebherr LB20-LRH100 hydraulic pile driving rig pile driver
- A 2012 Wirtgen W210I crawler cold planer
- A 2010 Liebherr LFT1045-4.1 54-ton w/2010 Kenworth T800B T/A T/A hydraulic truck crane
- An unused 2013 Komatsu D155AX-7 crawler tractor
- A 2012 Cozad 80 Ton 9/Axle 16x16x16 combination lowboy
- A 2007 Caterpillar 14M VHP Plus motor grader
- Two 2011 Volvo A40F 6x6 articulated dump trucks
- A 2014 Komatsu D65PX-17 crawler tractor
- Two Caterpillar 769D rock trucks
- A 2010 Komatsu PC450LC-8 hydraulic excavator
- A 2004 Komatsu PC750LC-7 VG hydraulic excavator
General auction details:
- Location: Getkate Construction, 211040 Township Rd 92, Lethbridge County, Alberta, T1J 3Y2
- Date & time: Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (local time)
- Phone: +1.403.826.7720
- See full auction and equipment details at rbauction.com
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE andTSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, material handling, energy, mining, forestry, marine and other industries. Ritchie Bros. TM solutions make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence, including live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding (rbauction.com), the EquipmentOneTM secure online marketplace (EquipmentOne.com), a professional corporate asset management program, and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (rbauction.com/financing). Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at RitchieBros.com.
Photos for media are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
For further information: please contact: Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Phone: +1.778.331.5432, Email: CorpComm@rbauction.com; Jim Rotlisberger, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Phone: +1.780.955.2486