Houston, TX auction on Feb. 15 – 16 sets new site records for bidders (5,100+) & sellers (595+)
HOUSTON, Feb. 17, 2017 /CNW/ - Ritchie Bros. conducted its first multi-day auction of 2017 in Houston, TX this week. More than 4,400+ equipment items and trucks were sold in the February 15 – 16 auction for US$42+ million.
The two-day unreserved public auction attracted 5,100+ people from 57 countries to register to bid, including 3,250+ people registering to bid online—both of which are new Houston site records. Approximately 91 percent of the equipment in the auction was sold to U.S. buyers, including 51 percent sold to buyers from Texas, while international buyers purchased 9 percent. Online bidders purchased US$22+ million of equipment (53 percent).
"We saw record crowds here in Houston this week, including a record number of new bidders on site," said Alan McVicker, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "As a result of the massive crowds we saw strong equipment pricing with incremental increases in pretty much every category compared to our auction in November 2016. It's great to see such positive momentum leading into our massive five-day Orlando auction next week and our two-day Fort Worth auction next month."
Equipment was sold in the auction for 595+ owners—a new site record. Highlights included 260+ truck tractors, 80+ excavators, 75+ skid steers, 50+ cranes, 35+ dozers, 20+ agricultural tractors, 175+ aerial work platforms, 55+ telehandlers, and more.
Specific sales highlights:
- A 2008 Terex HC165 165-ton self-erecting crawler crane sold for US$620,000
- A 1995 Manitowoc M250 Series 1 & 2 300-ton self-erecting crawler crane sold for US$580,000
- A 2013 Grove TMS9000E 110-ton T/A T/A hydraulic truck crane sold for US$560,000
- A 2009 Grove RT9130E 130-ton 4x4x4 rough terrain crane sold for US$500,000
- A 1995 Liebherr 360-ton 14x8x10 all-terrain crane sold for US$460,000
- A 2013 Peterbilt 367 Quad/A w/ National NBT40 40-ton boom truck sold for US$227,500
- A 2013 Peterbilt 367 Tri/A w/ Altec AC38-127S-SWS 38-ton boom truck sold for US$200,000
- A 2014 John Deere 850K WLT crawler tractor sold for US$147,500
- 2006 Vermeer T855 crawler trencher sold for US$117,500
- A 2008 Caterpillar 140M VHP motor grader sold for US$107,500
Auction quick facts: Houston (February 2017)
- Gross auction proceeds – US$42+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$22+ million
- Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – 5,100+
- Online registered bidders – 3,250+
- Number of lots sold – 4,400+
- Number of sellers – 595+
Ritchie Bros. has dozens of upcoming auctions on its calendar at rbauction.com, including its massive five-day auction in Orlando, FL (rbauction.com/Orlando) next week (Feb. 20 – 24). Upcoming Texas auctions will be held in Fort Worth on March 15 – 16 and Houston again on April 19 – 20. Anyone interested in selling equipment in either of the upcoming Texas auctions should contact the sites directly at: 817.237.6544 (Fort Worth) or 713.455.5200 (Houston).
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE andTSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, and one of the world's largest sellers of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, mining, forestry and other industries. Ritchie Bros.TM asset management and disposition solutions include live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding; EquipmentOneTM, an online auction marketplace; Mascus, a global online equipment listing service; private negotiated sales through Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty; and a range of ancillary services, including financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at rbauction.com, EquipmentOne.com, mascus.com, rbauction.com/privatetreaty and rbauction.com/financing.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros.
For further information: For more information, please contact: Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Phone: +1.778.331.5432, Email: [email protected]; For investor inquiries, please contact: Jamie Kokoska, Director, Investor Relations, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Phone: 778-331-5219, Email: [email protected]