Approximately 59 percent of equipment was sold to online buyers in two-day July auction
FORT WORTH, TX, July 21, 2017 /CNW/ - Ritchie Bros. held its sixth Texas auction of the year on July 19 – 20 this week, selling 3,400+ equipment items and trucks for US$42+ million at its auction site in Fort Worth.
More than 3,975 people from 48 countries registered to bid in the live, unreserved public auction, including 2,850+ registering to bid online. U.S. buyers purchased 91 percent of the equipment, including 45 percent purchased by Texas buyers, while international buyers from as far away as Australia, Singapore, and the Ukraine purchased nine percent of equipment.
"With equipment continuing to be in short supply we saw strong prices in Fort Worth this week," said Bill Hogan, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "We had great attendance both days of the auction, with particularly strong participation from online buyers who purchased approximately 59 percent of equipment."
Ritchie Bros. sold equipment for 525+ owners in the Fort Worth auction. Highlights included 260+ truck tractors, 300 trailers, 100+ skid steers, 75+ loader backhoes, 65 dozers, 55+ excavators, and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific equipment sales highlights
- 10 Mack GU813 T/A mixer trucks sold for a combined US$1.317 million
- Four 2011 Caterpillar 772 50-ton rock trucks sold for a combined US$760,000
- Two Caterpillar D8T crawler tractors sold for a combined US$470,000
- A 2007 Terex AC140 170-ton 10x8x8 all-terrain crane sold for US$305,000
- A 2015 Caterpillar D6T XW crawler tractor sold for US$220,000
- A 2006 Grove TMS900E 90-ton T/A T/A hydraulic truck crane sold for US$215,000
- A 2013 Volvo A40F 6x6 articulated dump truck sold for US$195,000
- A 2014 Caterpillar 140M2 motor grader sold for US$155,000
- A 2011 Caterpillar 349EL hydraulic excavator sold for US$150,000
- A 2014 Peterbilt 389 sleeper truck tractor sold for US$125,000
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: FORT WORTH, TEXAS – July 19 – 20, 2017
- Total Gross Auction Proceeds – US$42+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$24+ million (59 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – 3,975+
- Registered online bidders – 2,850+
- Total lots sold – 3,400+
- Number of sellers – 525+
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 30,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale in its upcoming onsite unreserved auctions, IronPlanet weekly online auctions and its other marketplaces. For those looking to sell, we are now accepting consignments for our next Texas auction in Houston on August 23 – 24, and are always accepting consignments for our IronPlanet online marketplaces.
For a complete list of upcoming auctions and equipment available, visit rbauction.com, ironplanet.com, and equipmentone.com.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channels include: Ritchie Bros.Auctioneers, the world's largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; EquipmentOne, an online auction marketplace; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros.
For further information: please contact: Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, +1.778.331.5432, CorpComm@rbauction.com; For investor inquiries, please contact: Erwyn Naidoo, Investor Relations, +1.778.331.5219, email@example.com