TV show about Ritchie Bros., "Selling Big", will be filming an episode at the auction for its second season
CHILLIWACK, BC, May 21, 2014 /CNW/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE andTSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will sell more than 1,700 equipment items and trucks at an unreserved public auction in Chilliwack, B.C. on May 28, 2014. Highlights in the auction include a large selection of late model crushing equipment, as well as construction, transportation, forestry, and agriculture equipment. Every item in the auction will be sold without minimum bids or reserve prices. Bids in the auction can be made live in person at the auction site, online in real time at www.rbauction.com and by proxy.
"This is most equipment we've ever sold in Chilliwack and the Selling Big TV crew will be on site to catch all the action," said Adam Pruss, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "This auction features one of the nicest selections of crushing equipment we've ever sold in B.C., including late model cone and jaw crushers along with conveyors, screen plants, aggregate control vans and more. Add that to our usual large selection of construction, transportation and other equipment and this auction will certainly have something for everyone—including pickup trucks, cars, recreation equipment, even a tug boat. As always, our auctions are open to the public so we encourage anyone interested to visit the auction site ahead of time to inspect and test the equipment, register to bid and get ready for auction day."
Specific equipment highlights in the auction include:
- A 2013 Terex RC54-II portable cone crusher
- A 2010 KPI CS3144 31 in. x 44 in. portable jaw crusher
- A 2008 KPI-JCI 3055 30 in. x 55 in. portable jaw crusher
- A 2011 Lonetrack 500 KW T/A aggregate control van
- A 2012 John Deere 850J LT crawler tractor
- Two Caterpillar 966H wheel loaders (one a 2012 and the other a 2011)
- A 2012 Kenworth T660 sleeper truck tractor (T/A)
- Two 2008 Western Star 4900SA dump Truck (T/A)
- A Mackenzie barge & derrick glen class 20 ft x 80 ft tug boat (Note: the tug boat will be sold by photo. It is moored at Shelter Bay Marina, 23590 Dyke Rd, Richmond, B.C. In person viewing is available at the marina on May 24 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
So far, equipment in the auction will be sold for 300+ sellers, including Vancouver Island-based South Island Aggregates Ltd.
"We're selling a range of equipment in this auction—crushing gear, wheel loaders, excavators, dump trucks and more. It's all late model, well maintained and work-ready," said Michael Kelly, President of South Island Aggregates Ltd. "The big benefit of buying with Ritchie Bros. is that all the equipment is ready and available on auction day. You could wait weeks or months for a specific piece of equipment from a dealer. At Ritchie Bros. auctions, you can buy the equipment and drive away with it that afternoon. This is also what I value as a seller. It would take me months to sell, but with Ritchie Bros. I know everything will sell on auction day—it's something I can plan my business around."
Selling Big Series Filming in Chilliwack
After a very successful first season on Cottage Life, the documentary television series Selling Big, produced by Mountain Road Productions and featuring Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, is now filming Season Two. Focusing on Ritchie Bros. customers, its employees and a whole lot of equipment, Selling Big tells the story of big machinery and big price tags.
Several episodes have already been filmed at Ritchie Bros. April auctions in Westlock, AB; Beaumont, AB; Grande Prairie, AB and the company's massive CA$143 million record-breaker in Edmonton, AB. Next up for filming is this Chilliwack auction on May 28 and then back to Alberta to film an on-the-farm auction in Spruce View on June 5. You can watch encores of Season One episodes of Selling Big on Cottage Life Wednesdays at 10 p.m. (Eastern & Pacific Time). For more information visit: www.CottageLife.com.
- Location: Ritchie Bros.' Chilliwack auction site at 42275 Industrial Way, Chilliwack, BC, V2R 0P4
- Time and date: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time
- Auction site phone: +1.604.823.2700
- The auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
- Interested buyers can come to the auction site to inspect, test and compare items ahead of the auction
Consignments are still being accepted for the auction. If you would like to sell your equipment and trucks in the Chilliwack auction please contact the site directly at +1.604.823.2700. For more information on the auction, including detailed equipment information and high-resolution equipment photos, visit the Company's 21-language website at www.rbauction.com.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE andTSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, material handling, energy, mining, forestry, marine and other industries. Ritchie Bros. TM solutions make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence, including live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding (rbauction.com), the EquipmentOneTM secure online marketplace (EquipmentOne.com), a professional corporate asset management program, and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (rbauctionfinance.com). Ritchie Bros. has operations in more than 25 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at RitchieBros.com.
As mentioned in the release, the Selling Big TV crew will be on site in Chilliwack filming an episode for Season Two of the series. We invite reporters, photographers & camera crews to come capture the crew in action. Interviews can be arranged with show creator Tim Alp, Owner & Executive Producer of Mountain Road Productions, and Kevin Tink, Senior Vice President of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers—both of whom will be on site May 26 - 28. If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
SOURCE: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
For further information:
Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Phone: +1.778.331.5432 | Email: CorpComm@rbauction.com
Adam Pruss, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Chilliwack auction site phone: +1.604.823.2700