These and other subjects are included in the current issue of the Morneau Shepell monthly publication, News & Views
TORONTO, Sept. 23, 2015 /CNW/ - In the September 2015 issue of its monthly newsletter, News & Views, Morneau Shepell provides a detailed look at its 33rd annual HR trends survey. The Company also examines the rising costs of specialty drugs for plan sponsors.
- Survey on compensation and trends in human resources – To support employers in their annual planning for Human Resources, Morneau Shepell conducts an annual survey of Trends in Human Resources. Some highlights of the results are provided here, and more information about the results is presented in a series of breakfast seminars in cities across Canada.
- Trends in drug plans – Morneau Shepell examines significant shifts in the nature and amounts of prescription drug costs for plan sponsors in Canada. Data analyzed is based on drug claims for more than seven million Canadians. Some information regarding new specialty drugs is also provided.
- Ontario: Proposed rules on Pension Advisory Committees – In August, the Ontario government released draft regulations relating to pension advisory committees (PAC). Morneau Shepell explains how the draft regulation would make it easier for plan members and pensioners in pension plans registered in Ontario to establish a PAC, and how it sets out new rules for the operations of a PAC.
- Nova Scotia: Draft PRPP Regulations – This month, the Nova Scotia Department of Finance and Treasury Board released draft Pooled Registered Pension Plans Regulations (the "PRPP Regulations") and accompanying amendments to the Pension Benefits Regulations. Morneau Shepell notes that the draft regulations will help put Pooled Registered Pension Plans (PRPPs) into force in Nova Scotia, where the PRPP Act has been adopted but is not yet in force.
- Market Indices – Monthly summary of returns from various market indices such as the FTSE TMX Bond Indices and Canadian, U.S. and Foreign Equity Indices. Also includes returns from benchmark portfolios used by pension funds.
- Tracking the funded status of defined benefit pension plans – Impact of past returns on plan assets and the effect of interest rate changes on solvency liabilities.
- Impact on pension expense under international accounting – Expense impact for a typical defined benefit pension plan.
About Morneau Shepell Inc.
Morneau Shepell is the only human resources consulting and technology company that takes an integrative approach to employee assistance, health, benefits and retirement needs. The Company is the leading provider of employee and family assistance programs, the largest administrator of retirement and benefits plans and the largest provider of integrated absence management solutions in Canada. Through health and productivity, administrative, and retirement solutions, Morneau Shepell helps clients reduce costs, increase employee productivity and improve their competitive position. Established in 1966, Morneau Shepell serves approximately 20,000 clients, ranging from small businesses to some of the largest corporations and associations in North America. With almost 4,000 employees in offices across North America, Morneau Shepell provides services to organizations across Canada, in the United States, and around the globe. Morneau Shepell is a publicly-traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: MSI). For more information, visit morneaushepell.com.
SOURCE Morneau Shepell Inc.
For further information: Nathan Gibson, Manager, Corporate Communications, Morneau Shepell, 416-390-2641, [email protected]