SAINT-LAMBERT, QC, Feb. 12, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Over the next few years, the consumption of web-based content will grow at a rapid rate. With this top of mind, RICARDO Media is redefining its distribution strategy in order to reach the largest number of Canadians possible, wherever they are and however they choose to consume content.
After considerable reflection, RICARDO will be closing its self-titled English language magazine to pursue other growth avenues for the company. The Spring issue, appearing on newsstands on March 18th, will be the final issue.
"Our subscription base is growing, our newsstand sales are some of the best in the food and drink category and we have never won so many awards or received so much industry recognition. But we have decided to stop publishing the English language magazine for two reasons. Firstly, due to the distribution structure of our magazine in English Canada, we are obliged to hand over more than 70% of our revenue to distributors and buyers. In addition, the revenue generated through advertising and publicity in Canadian magazines—including ours—continues to migrate towards GAFAM (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple and Microsoft). We know that this is a disappointment to our English readers, but we will never be short on ideas when it comes to creating unique opportunities that allow us to pursue our mission in promoting the importance of cooking and eating together." — Ricardo
It is in this spirit that RICARDO Media delivers premium, diverse and quality content to Canadians across multiple platforms:
- A bilingual site, www.ricardocuisine.com, that is home to more than 6,000 recipes, tips, videos and features with more than 2.3 million unique visitors per month. The number of unique visitors and the number of page views has increased organically by more than 40% on the English site and is now viewed by more than one million anglophones per month
- Bilingual social media platforms that reach an engaged community of over 600,000 people
- A special collaboration with the Toronto Star that allows Ricardo to engage with more than one million readers every day in the newspapers' print and digital editions
- A daily recipe in the StarMetro newspapers, distributed coast-to-coast
- Ricardo's regular appearances on Cityline and Breakfast Television in Toronto and Rogers' flagship shows in Montreal
The company will continue to develop its brand across the country through various strategic initiatives such as the distribution of kitchen accessories and the book publishing division. On April 23rd, RICARDO Media will release the book VEGETABLES FIRST, published by Penguin Random House. This book is filled with more than 120 original and delicious recipes that will satisfy vegetarians and carnivores alike. The book is a translation of PLUS DE LÉGUMES, released in French in the fall of 2018.
We would like to thank our loyal advertisers, many of whom have been with us since the beginning. RICARDO Media will now be represented in the Ontario market by the agency MediaTonik, owned by Guillaume Bédard (formerly Mediacom, Marketel, Bell Media) and Nicolas Faucher (formerly MediaCom, Cossette, TC Media). With both agency and Canadian publishing experience, they have a deep understanding of the media ecosystem and are well placed to promote our offer nationwide.
The RICARDO brand will continue to provide Canadians with a multi-platform experience that, in particular, offers inspiring and reliable content that responds to current trends.
SOURCE Ricardo Media
For further information: Elaine Martin, RICARDO Media, 450-465-4500, ext. 251, email@example.com