Get your flu shot at Rexall - Any time. Any day. Any Rexall. No appointment necessary!
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Oct. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - Again this year, Rexall is making it easy and convenient for Canadians to receive the flu shot by offering the vaccine at any store, any time, any day - no appointment necessary.
Getting the flu shot is the best way to prevent the flu. According to Health Canada, the flu affects 10 to 25 per cent of Canadians each year. While the majority who become sick do recover, the flu results in an average of 20,000 hospitalizations and between 4,000 to 8,000 deaths in Canada each year. Publically funded flu shots will be available at every Rexall store as supply is made available by public health units.
There are a number of other simple steps to prevent the spread of the flu virus including:
- Wash your hands frequently. Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds to help remove bacteria and viruses. Wash before and after eating, after you have been in a public place, after using the washroom, after coughing and sneezing, and after touching surfaces that may have been contaminated. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer is also effective in killing viruses.
- Keep your hands away from your face. In most cases, the flu virus enters the body through the eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough and sneeze into your arm, not your hand. If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands.
- Keep common surface areas clean and disinfected. Doorknobs, light switches, telephones, keyboards and other surfaces can become contaminated with all kinds of bacteria and viruses. Regular cleaning and disinfecting of these surfaces with regular household disinfectants can help. Viruses can live on hard surfaces for up to 48 hours.
- If you get sick, stay home. If you think you have the flu, you should stay home until your symptoms are gone. If your symptoms get worse, call your health care provider.
"Pharmacies are the face of neighbourhood health care that can provide quick and convenient access to services for patients, such as the flu shot. We know that easier access to vaccinations will improve immunizations rates in Canada. That's why Rexall is making it as easy as possible for patients to get their flu shot at any of our stores, any time, any day and you don't need an appointment."
"The expanded scope of services being provided by pharmacists, such as flu shots, can have a significant impact on the health and well-being of Canadians, but is also helping create more efficiencies in health care, keeping patients out of the emergency room and enabling physicians to concentrate on more serious health issues."
Chief Executive Officer
Rexall / Rexall Pharma Plus
About Rexall - With a heritage dating back to 1904, Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus pharmacies are among the most trusted names in retail pharmacy. Rexall is focused on helping Canadians feel good about their health through easy access to a wide assortment of health and wellness services and products. Supported by our team of 8,600 employees in 426 pharmacies across the country, Rexall is continually evolving to enhance the customer experience. For more information visit Rexall.ca.
For further information:
905-501-7894 - Office
647-282-1689 - Mobile