GATINEAU, QC, Nov. 8, 2017 /CNW/ -
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan), Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario) and South Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information contained in the National Register of Electors.
- To vote in the federal by-elections, electors must be registered at their current address.
- Election workers will conduct door-to-door targeted revision in areas where mobility is high and registration levels are low. If no one is home, the workers will leave behind a registration kit that explains how to register.
- Electors can use Elections Canada's Online Voter Registration Service to check if they are registered, to update their address or, in some cases, to register.
- Elections Canada will mail a personalized voter information card to each registered elector in electoral districts where a by-election is taking place. Cards should arrive between Wednesday, November 15, and Thursday, November 23.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca