Second Group of Reviews of Apprenticeship Ratios Now in Effect
TORONTO, Oct. 26, 2012 /CNW/ - The review of apprenticeship ratios signals the College's commitment to its future members and stakeholders to solicit their feedback and hear their voices on issues that impact their practices and businesses across the province. The College believes that the open and transparent review of these ratios is an important step in promoting fairness and safety in the workplace.
Review Panels are calling for submissions on the journeyperson to apprentice ratios from the second groups of trades, which includes:
- Group B-5: Roofer
- Group B-6: Terrazzo, tile and marble setter
- Group B-7: Architectural glass and metal technician
Guidelines for submission and additional information about the process and deadlines can be found on the College's website at: http://www.collegeoftrades.ca/ratioreviews/invitation-for-submissions
Submissions for the next groups will be accepted beginning October 31, 2012. This grouping includes:
- Group B-8: Construction boilermaker
- Group B-9: Heat and frost insulator
- Group B-10: Brick and stone mason; Restoration mason
Further information will be provided on the College website on October 31, 2012.
- The Ontario College of Trades represents more than 150 skilled trades - tradespersons, apprentices and employers - across the province.
- When fully-operational, the College will:
- Regulate persons practicing in skilled trades in Ontario and employers who employ them;
- Promote trades and apprenticeship;
- Give the skilled trades sector ownership of decisions critical to their practices and businesses
To learn more about the Ontario College of Trades, please visit our website. www.collegeoftrades.ca
SOURCE: Ontario College of Trades
For further information:
For media inquiries please contact: