Reviews of Apprenticeship Ratios Begin
TORONTO, April 3, 2012 /CNW/ - The review of apprenticeship ratios signals the College's commitment to its future members and stakeholders to solicit their feedback and hear their voices on issues that impact their practices and businesses across the province.
The College believes that the open and transparent review of these ratios is an important step in promoting fairness and safety in the workplace.
Review Panels have been struck and are calling for submissions on the journeyperson to apprentice ratios from the first groups of trades, which includes:
- Group A-1: Floor Covering Installer
- Group A-2: Hoisting Engineer: Mobile Crane Operator-Br1; Hoisting Engineer: Mobile Crane Operator; Hoisting Engineer: Tower Crane Operator
Guidelines for submission and additional information about the process and deadlines can be found on the College's website at: www.collegeoftrades.ca/apprenticeship-ratio-reviews .
Information regarding submissions for the next groups will be posted shortly. This grouping includes:
- Group A-3: Precast Concrete Erector; Precast Concrete Finisher
- Group A-4: Cement Concrete Finisher; Cement Mason
Further information will be provided on the College website.
- The Ontario College of Trades represents more than 150 skilled trades - tradespersons, apprentices and employers - across the province.
- When fully-operational, the College will:
- Regulate persons practicing in skilled trades in Ontario and employers who employ them;
- Promote trades and apprenticeship;
- Give the skilled trades sector ownership of decisions critical to their practices and businesses
For further information:
Media contact: Brent Kearse, Director of Communications & Marketing, 647-847-3100