Grand Opening event celebrates $67 million investment in the future of seniors living
REGINA, Sept. 18, 2018 /CNW/ - At a celebration last evening, Revera, a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector, together with over 400 local dignitaries, residents, families and community members, officially cut the ribbon to celebrate the Grand Opening of Regina's newest retirement community, Green Falls Landing.
This modern, 222-suite retirement residence, represents a $67 million investment in seniors living in Regina. It is designed to help older adults age in place. Green Falls Landing offers a range of lifestyle options, from seniors' apartments, to independent and assisted living, to memory care. The long list of amenities includes a fitness and yoga centre, a salon and spa, an off-leash dog park, a theatre, and even an outdoor putting green. Spread over seven acres, Green Falls Landing also promises to be a community destination, attracting local residents to the more than 25,000 square feet of retail space onsite.
"We are very proud to officially introduce Regina to Green Falls Landing, our ninth residence in Saskatchewan," says Thomas G. Wellner, President & CEO of Revera. "Green Falls Landing is an important milestone for Revera's strategic growth; it also brings to life our commitment to choice, independence and innovation for seniors. I am delighted to see that Green Falls Landing has quickly become a vibrant, exciting place to live; one that will be an important and integrated part of the broader Regina community."
"Revera Green Falls Landing is a wonderful addition to our community," says Hon. Christine Tell, Minister of Corrections and Policing, and MLA, Regina Wascana Plains. "It offers state of the art amenities and residences for our senior citizens to live in and enjoy."
"It is very exciting to welcome Green Falls Landing to Regina," said Mayor Michael Fougere. "We know there is a substantial need in our city for supportive living that allows seniors to age in their home, and an investment of this scale demonstrates a real commitment to the community."
"We've created more than 50 full- and part-time jobs at Green Falls Landing and I am so excited to lead the team that is welcoming our residents," says Melissa Gustafson, Executive Director. "From the amazing dining choices to the pet-friendly features to the variety of suite options, Green Falls Landing truly has something for everyone."
About Green Falls Landing
- 222 suites, including 73 seniors' apartments, 95 independent living suites, 27 assisted living suites and 27 memory care suites.
- Spread over seven acres, with a unique open concept design and campus-like setting, and a colour palette inspired by the prairies.
- A range of dining options, including a restaurant-style dining room with outdoor patio, a licensed pub/fireside lounge, and even in-suite dining. Dining room names pay homage to the community's history and passions:
- The main dining room is called The Mill, a nod to Regina's rich grain production history
- The Assisted Living dining room is called The Market, to reflect Regina's local farmers market
- Riders Pub is named for the beloved Saskatchewan Roughriders
- The private dining room is known as The Capital, celebrating Regina's status as the capital of Saskatchewan
- Amenities include a fitness and yoga centre, a salon and spa, a theatre, an outdoor putting green and much more.
- Innovative wearable Revera Link™ technology allows the wearer to instantly request assistance anytime, and from anywhere in the building, and eliminates the need to carry keys for your suite
- Pet-friendly, with an off-leash dog park, dog wash station, and available pet care and dog walking services.
- Nine retail units onsite totaling approximately 25,000 square feet.
- Targeting LEED Silver certification, meaning that the building has been designed to help protect the environment through water conservation and energy efficiency.
Revera is a leading Canadian-owned and -headquartered owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, serving more than 55,000 seniors. The company offers seniors' apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. With approximately 50,000 employees dedicated to providing exceptional care and service, Revera is helping seniors live life to the fullest. Through Age is More, Revera is committed to challenging ageism, the company's social cause of choice. Find out more at ReveraLiving.com, Facebook.com/ReveraInc or on Twitter @Revera_Inc.
SOURCE Revera Inc.
For further information: Larry Roberts, Revera Inc., T: 289-997-5721 C: 647-330-5383, [email protected]