Old favourites and new surprises make Starbucks the perfect destination to rekindle, reconnect, and get in the festive spirit this season
TORONTO, Nov. 2, 2012 /CNW/ - Today, handcrafted holiday beverages in iconic red cups will start warming up the hands of Canadians from coast to coast, as Starbucks Coffee Company officially rings in the holiday season for 2012 with a host of favourite holiday beverages along with thoughtful gifts and seasonal treats that offer a unique and festive experience unlike anywhere else.
"The holidays are all about connecting with friends and loved ones over the traditions we love most about the season - and Starbucks is the perfect destination to share those moments over a special holiday beverage," said Annie Young-Scrivner, president Starbucks Canada. "It's also the perfect place to find unique ideas for everyone on your list - from seasonal hostess gifts to limited-edition merchandise for the true Canadian coffee connoisseur."
Enjoy a perfect Starbucks® beverage at home with the Verismo™ System
One of the highlights this holiday season is the new Verismo™ System by Starbucks - a premium at-home brewing system that allows Canadians to craft Starbucks-quality espresso beverages, from Caffè Lattes to Americanos, as well as brewed coffee, consistently and conveniently, one cup at a time. This is the first-ever single-cup system that combines Starbucks® high-quality arabica coffee, milk pods made from real milk, and some Starbucks coffeehouse beverage recipes with high-pressured state-of-the-art Swiss technology - the perfect gift for discerning Canadian coffee drinkers. Available at participating Starbucks retail stores, online at www.StarbucksStore.ca, as well as in Home Outfitters and select Williams-Sonoma stores across Canada.
Great Taste in Coffee - and Fashion!
Inspired by great design, Starbucks frequently collaborates with artists and designers on unique projects, and this holiday season brings the latest in innovative design with fashion house Rodarte. This limited-edition collection complements and transcends the season with a mug, cup sleeve, tote bag and Starbucks Card, each inspired by a custom print design that features a pixelated pattern that's modern, digitized and all about perspective. The ultimate gift for style aficionado, the Rodarte for Starbucks collection is available exclusively at participating Starbucks locations across the country beginning November 13, 2012, with the exception of Quebec, and online at www.StarbucksStore.ca.
Warm Up with the Flavour of the Holidays at Starbucks
The iconic red cups will be brimming with some of Canada's favourite holiday beverages once again this year, including:
- Peppermint Mocha - For true peppermint fans, this combination of espresso, steamed milk, bittersweet mocha sauce and peppermint syrup topped with a fluffy cloud of whipped cream and dark chocolate curls is just too good to resist! Also available as a Skinny Peppermint Mocha and as a Frappuccino® blended beverage.
- Caramel Brûlé Latte — Featuring a combination of espresso and steamed milk flavoured with rich caramel brûlé sauce and topped with whipped cream and sweet, crunchy caramel brûlé topping, this beverage is a holiday show stopper! Also available as a Frappuccino® blended beverage.
- Gingerbread Latte — Enjoy the flavour of freshly baked gingerbread combined with espresso and steamed milk. Topped with whipped cream and ground nutmeg for a delicious holiday treat.
- Eggnog Latte - Savour Starbucks wildly popular interpretation of holiday eggnog! Featuring a combination of espresso mixed with rich steamed eggnog, and topped with whipped cream and ground nutmeg. The perfect choice for a crisp winter morning or cozy afternoon. Available in select markets.
Savour a sweet holiday indulgence
The perfect accompaniment to a warm holiday beverage? A delicious holiday treat, of course! Try these favourites, old and new:
- NEW! Frosted Snowman Cookie - A hand-decorated, buttery shortbread cookie dipped in a white chocolatey coating and topped with a creamy milk chocolate flavoured hat. Snowman cookies are available with either a red or blue scarf design.
- Peppermint Brownie Cake Pop - A returning favourite to the Starbucks Petites™ assortment, delicious peppermint chocolate cake is mixed with buttercream icing and candy cane pieces, then dipped in a white chocolatey coating and sprinkled with candy cane bits.
- Cranberry Bliss® Bar - A holiday classic, filled with dried cranberries and topped with sweet, creamy goodness.
- Holiday Gingerbread - Indulge in this moist and delicious treat with intense flavour and topped with irresistible cream cheese icing.
Starbucks® Seasonal Holiday Coffees
- Starbucks® Christmas Blend - Available in decaf, ground and for the first time, K-Cup® Portion Pack format, this limited time favourite is the perfect gift for any holiday host.
- NEW! Starbucks® Christmas Blend Blonde Roast - Celebrate the season on a light and cheerful note with the specially selected blend of Latin American and aged Sumatran beans.
- Starbucks® Christmas Blend Espresso Roast - Elements of both our traditional Starbucks® Christmas Blend and our signature Starbucks® Espresso Roast were re-imagined to create a new holiday tradition since 2010.
- Starbucks VIA® Peppermint Mocha Flavoured Coffee - Inspired by our signature Peppermint Mocha handcrafted beverage, this delicious beverage is made with Starbucks® coffee, premium cocoa, natural peppermint flavour and cane sugar. Specifically designed to be made with hot milk, so you can enjoy a rich and creamy, crisp and minty cup anytime.
- Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew Christmas Blend - Enjoy the tradition of Starbucks® Christmas Blend wherever your holiday plans take you with this instant and microground coffee that provides a comforting taste of the holidays on-the-go!
- Tazo® Joy™- This limited time Tazo® holiday blend is perfect for sipping by the fireplace, with delicate yet full flavours, texture and complexity and a touch of peach flavour, rounding out the blend with lighter, floral notes.
More Must-Have Gifts for Anyone on Your List
Coffee lovers will love the array of tote-able gift ideas, including the Hammered Tumbler and festive Reusable Cup Sleeves, available in red recycled leather or gold, while home entertainers will appreciate Starbucks® make-your-own Cake Pop Kit, Holiday Red Carafe and Holiday Gift Samplers - the perfect accompaniment to a wonderful holiday meal. Don't forget about the kids, either! The Create-Your-Own Holiday Tumbler Activity Kit will keep them busy on cold winter mornings, while the limited-edition Nutcracker Bearista® Bear will keep them cozy throughout the season. And for the ultimate Starbucks fan? Let them hang a replica of our cups on the tree with the new 2012 Gold Starbucks® Cup Ornament.
Show Starbucks Your Holiday Spirit!
Help Starbucks celebrate the return of the red cups and get into the swing of the season with the Starbucks 11-day photo challenge! From today until November 12, Starbucks will issue a daily photo challenge via Twitter (@StarbucksCanada) using the hashtag #RedCupsChallenge. It will encourage Canadians to share a photo following a particular theme for the chance to win a $10 Starbucks Card eGift or 3 grand prizes of $250 Starbucks Card eGifts! In addition to receiving the Starbucks Card eGift, ten winners will have their photos collected and re-posted in a Starbucks Canada Facebook album. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. This Contest is offered and open only to persons legally residing in Canada (excluding Province of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of entry in this Contest. Contest starts on or about November 2nd 12:00am Eastern Time and ends November 12th 11:59:59pm Eastern Time. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Subject to Official Rules, available at http://Starbucks.ca/Rekindle.
About Starbucks Corporation
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting the highest-quality arabica coffee in the world. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at www.starbucksstore.ca.
Image with caption: "Return of handcrafted holiday beverages in iconic red cups signals the start of the holiday season at Starbucks (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Company)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121102_C4410_PHOTO_EN_20062.jpg
SOURCE: Starbucks Coffee Company
For further information:
Or high-res images, please contact:
Andrée Gage, Edelman