TORONTO, June 20, 2019 /CNW/ -- Summer is officially around the corner and Canadians are eager to make the most of the warm weather. RetailMeNot.ca, a leading online savings destination, conducted a survey asking Canadians how they are planning on spending their time and money this summer.
More than ever, Canadians are now planning on staying close to home to enjoy a summer staycation and plan on shopping for things to make the most of the summer weather! RetailMeNot.ca found what Canadians plan on doing to celebrate the summer season this year:
- 30% of Canadians are planning on spending their summer staycation style; al fresco dinner parties at home, local summer activities, community festivals and local day trips.
- 21% are planning a trip away like a road trip to a nearby winery, cottage, music festival and camping destination.
- 13% will be inviting friends and family over for summer entertaining, taking advantage of the nice weather by barbequing and enjoying quality time together outside.
- 12% on home improvement projects, there is no better time to take on that home DIY than when the weather starts to get warmer!
- 12% on family and kid related activities so that parents can ensure to keep their kids entertained during their summer off!
Regardless of how you plan to spend your summer, RetailMeNot.ca is the ultimate summer shopping companion! The free website offers Canadians exclusive deals to top retailers and restaurants helping them save money so they can relax and enjoy their summer stress-free. That's what we call #SunnyRetailTherapy!
*Survey conducted on June 11th 2019 by Angus Reid Global