Source available for comment
TORONTO, Dec. 9 /CNW/ - For reporters interested in discussing Canada's retail and consumer markets during the holiday season, Willy Kruh, Global Chairman for Consumer Markets and Canadian Partner for the Consumer Markets Industry Segment, will be available to answer questions from the media.
Questions that we will address:
- How can retailers survive during this economic downturn?
- Is the recession over?
- What is the impact of the Canadian dollar relative to the US dollar
on consumers and retailers for Christmas 2010 and beyond?
- What are consumer shopping trends this holiday season?
- Will there be an increase in on-line sales and what are retailers
doing to boost on-line gift buying?
- What is the impact of the current economic climate on high-end (or
- What promotional strategies are retailers employing to lure customers
into their stores this holiday season?
- Will gift cards continue to be popular item for consumers?
- What are retailers doing to boost sales and manage inventory?
- Where is consumer confidence now?
- What is the prognosis for the retail industry in 2010?
KPMG LLP, a Canadian limited liability partnership established under the laws of Ontario, is the Canadian member firm affiliated with KPMG International, a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. Member firms operate in 144 countries and have more than 137,000 professionals working around the world.
The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International, a Swiss cooperative. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity, and describes itself as such.
SOURCE KPMG LLP
For further information: For further information: To arrange an interview, please contact: Mark Klein, Manager, Media Relations, KPMG, firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 777-3895; Julie Bannerjea, Senior Manager, Media Relations, KPMG, email@example.com, (416) 777-3243