Release the Dragons: GAME OF THRONES Lands on CraveTV
22 Jan, 2018, 08:00 ET
– HBO's massive hit series joins the CraveTV lineup beginning Friday, February 16 –
– CraveTV's HBO offering also expands with the addition of SILICON VALLEY, INSECURE, BALLERS, THE YOUNG POPE, GIRLS, and THE LEFTOVERS –
– New content joins first-run SHOWTIME programming like THE CHI and SMILF, and new seasons of THE AFFAIR, BILLIONS, and RAY DONOVAN –
– CraveTV's unparalleled lineup also includes big-buzz series like LETTERKENNY, STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE HANDMAID'S TALE, and COUNTERPART –
Tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/2n0n2co
TORONTO, Jan. 22, 2018 /CNW/ - Rally the realm: it was announced today that worldwide television hit series GAME OF THRONES is coming to CraveTV. Seasons 1-3 of the epic fantasy begin streaming Friday, February 16, with Season 4-5 to follow shortly thereafter and the remaining seasons to be added throughout 2018.
"We're thrilled to introduce GAME OF THRONES and even more premium content to CraveTV subscribers, joining our already robust offering of genre-defining television," said Tracey Pearce, President, Distribution and Pay, Bell Media.
CraveTV's already-large HBO offering includes all seasons and episodes of library titles like BIG LITTLE LIES, TRUE DETECTIVE, THE SOPRANOS, and THE WIRE; comedies such as SEX AND THE CITY, ENTOURAGE, and CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM; and award-winning HBO films, documentaries, and stand-up specials.
This unparalleled HBO Collection expands over the coming months to include additional new titles GIRLS, THE LEFTOVERS, SILICON VALLEY, VICE PRINCIPALS, BALLERS, and THE YOUNG POPE.
The new titles will begin streaming on Fridays as part of CraveTV's #iCraveFridays weekly roll-out:
- Lena Dunham's groundbreaking, zeitgeist-capturing comedy GIRLS streams beginning Friday, February 9;
- GAME OF THRONES Seasons 1-3 joins CraveTV on Friday, February 16;
- THE YOUNG POPE, the Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominated 10-episode limited series starring Jude Law, streams starting Friday, February 23;
- Seasons 1-3 of the Emmy-winning comedy series SILICON VALLEY, which returns for its fifth season on March 25 on HBO Canada, hit CraveTV in March;
- every season of THE LEFTOVERS, starring Justin Theroux and described by The Daily Beast as "…the best show on television right now," streams as of April;
- comedies BALLERS Seasons 1-2 and INSECURE Season 1, starring Dwayne Johnson and Issa Rae respectively, join the service in May;
- and every season of Danny McBride's dark comedy VICE PRINCIPALS joins CraveTV this fall.
CraveTV is also Canada's home to new and returning SHOWTIME programming which airs day-and-date on CraveTV with its U.S. broadcast. The SHOWTIME Collection features current big-buzz series THE CHI and SMILF, cult hit TWIN PEAKS, and audience favourites THE AFFAIR, BILLIONS, and RAY DONOVAN, which stream day-and-date with their U.S. broadcast.
CraveTV features thousands of hours of premium television content, from acclaimed dramas and beloved comedies, to documentaries, music, and factual programming.
Other new and current hits streaming on CraveTV include: COUNTERPART, the new Starz drama starring J.K. Simmons; new episodes of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY which stream the day after their linear broadcast; Golden Globe winner THE HANDMAID'S TALE, and the CraveTV original LETTERKENNY, Canadian Screen Award Winner for Best Comedy Series and recently nominated for nine 2018 CSAs.
All new and current seasons of HBO series will continue to premiere on HBO Canada, day-and-date with the U.S. broadcast.
CraveTV Social Media:
Created for TV lovers and devoted to television, CraveTV is Canada's premium TV streaming service, providing the most robust lineup of superior television content in the country. From TV's most-acclaimed dramas and beloved comedies to documentaries, music, and factual programming, CraveTV features thousands of hours of premium non-kids TV programming, representing hundreds of unique titles including the entire off-air library of HBO's iconic programming catalogue and hundreds of hours of acclaimed SHOWTIME series and specials. CraveTV is available directly to all Canadians with access to the Internet, as well as to customers of Cogeco, Eastlink, TELUS Optik TV, Bell Fibe TV, Bell Satellite TV, Bell Aliant FibreOP TV, Access Communications, Northwestel, SaskTel, Cable Cable, Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, Wightman Telecom subscribers, NRTC Communications, WTC Communications, Tbaytel, Execulink Telecom, and VMedia. Available through traditional set-top boxes, mobile apps on iOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Xbox One, the web, Apple TV, Chromecast, and select Samsung Smart TVs. CraveTV is from Bell Media, Canada's premier multi-media company with more than a decade of leadership delivering Canada's most-watched and most-acclaimed television programming across the Pay, Specialty, Digital, and Network TV landscapes. For more on CraveTV, visit www.CraveTV.ca.
For further information: Nicolle Stranges, 416.384.2056, [email protected]
Share this article