MONTRÉAL, June 17, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - A family from Montréal won $65,000,000 in the June 11 Lotto Max draw. That's the biggest jackpot in Canadian history!
The winning ticket was purchased at Dépanneur Springland, located at 2525 Rue Springland, in Montréal. The convenience store will collect a cool $650,000, i.e. 1% of the jackpot.
The family members celebrated their win during a press conference held today in Montréal.
Isabelle Jean, Loto-Québec's President of Operations (Lotteries division) and Vice-President of Public Affairs, had this to say: "We've never paid out such a huge jackpot! Lotto Max is one of Québec's most popular lottery draws and we're thrilled that this is the second Lotto Max jackpot that's been won here. Just one month ago, a group from Montréal's South Shore won a whopping $50,000,000 through Lotto Max."
Lotto Max only just recently moved to two draws a week, i.e. on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The family won the biggest jackpot in Loto-Québec history on a free ticket.
- Giuseppa Lo Giudice Lanteri won a Free Play ticket through Québec Max, to which she decided to add Lotto Max and Extra. It was thanks to this "add-on" that she won.
- Giuseppa and Nunzio will be giving a portion of their win to their two children, Jane and Salvatore Lanteri. Four other family members will receive a portion of the money: Salvatore, Antonio, Daisy and Vincenzo Briganti.
- "We're happy to be able to provide for our kids," says the family man.
- Among the family's short-term plans: the purchase of a new home in the same Montréal neighbourhood they've been living in for the past 50 years.
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize: $65,000,000
- Category: Jackpot
- Draw date: June 11, 2019
- Winners' place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Dépanneur Springland (2525 Rue Springland, Montréal)
- The retailer will receive a $650,000 commission, equal to 1% of the prize.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec head office, Montréal
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 11, 2019, Loto-Québec has paid out 37 prizes of $1,000,000 or more, producing 39 millionaires. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 11 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Winners of large prizes are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries site.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec and its subsidiaries, 514-499-5130, [email protected], twitter.com/patricelavoie; For more information: Danny Racine, Media Relations Consultant, Loto-Québec and its subsidiaries, 514-499-7101, [email protected]