CHARLOTTETOWN, PE, May 27, 2016 /CNW/ - At the Engineers Canada Awards Gala in Charlottetown, PE, last night, Canada's engineering profession honoured the remarkable achievements of engineers, teams of engineers, engineering projects and engineering students.
Sponsored by TD Insurance, Manulife, Great-West Life and ENCON Group Inc., these annual awards recognize engineering excellence and the winners' outstanding contributions to their community, to their profession and to the safety and well-being of Canadians.
"We are excited to honour the 2016 award recipients for their contributions to the engineering profession, to their communities and to the safety and well-being of Canadians," said Engineers Canada CEO Kim Allen, MBA, FEC, FCAE, P.Eng. "This year's recipients have demonstrated true excellence in their respective fields, and with their accomplishments, they have done the engineering profession proud."
The 2016 Engineers Canada Award recipients are:
- Dr. Donald Mavinic, PhD, FCAE, P.Eng., (APEGBC) – Gold Medal Award
- Andrew Mill, FEC, P.Eng., Struct.Eng. (APEGBC) – Meritorious Service Award for Professional Service
- Marisa E. Sterling, P.Eng., (PEO) – Meritorious Service Award for Community Service
- SunMine – National Award for an Engineering Project of Achievement
- Lianna Mah, M.Eng., FEC, P.Eng. (APEGBC) – Award for the Support of Women in the Engineering Profession
- Mark Lowey – Award of Journalism Excellence in Engineering
- Nancy Nelson, M.Sc.(T), P.Eng. (PEO) – Medal for Distinction in Engineering Education
- Selena Wilson, P.Eng. (APEGBC) – Young Engineer Achievement Award
- André Marchildon (Engineers Manitoba student member) – Gold Medal Student Award
Engineers Canada is the national organization of the 12 engineering regulators that license the country's 280,000 members of the profession. Together, we work to advance the profession in the public interest. www.engineerscanada.ca
SOURCE Engineers Canada
Image with caption: "The recipients of the 2016 Engineers Canada Awards. From left to right: Andrew Mill, FEC, P.Eng., Struct.Eng.; Lianna Mah, M.Eng., FEC, P.Eng.; Dr. Donald Mavinic, PhD, FCAE, P.Eng.; Marisa E. Sterling, P.Eng.; Mark Lowey; Nancy Nelson, M.Sc.(T), P.Eng.; André Marchildon; Selena Wilson, P.Eng.; Michel de Spot, P.Eng., on behalf of SunMine. (CNW Group/Engineers Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160527_C7831_PHOTO_EN_701209.jpg
For further information: Brent Gibson, Practice Lead, Communications, Engineers Canada, 613.232.2474 x234, [email protected]