OTTAWA, Oct. 30, 2013 /CNW/ -
Three ways to do it!
1. In person: The Canada Council for the Arts will announce the 2013 Governor General's Literary Awards winners at a news conference:
Wednesday, November 13 at 10 am
National Ballet School's Betty Oliphant Theatre
404 Jarvis St., Toronto
The 2013 GG winners will speak at the news conference and will be available for in-person and telephone interviews immediately following the announcement.
RSVP: April Yorke, 1-800-263-5588, ext. 4133
2. Live stream on our website: Visit the Canada Council website at the time of the announcement, 10 am EST, November 13.
The list of winners, downloadable photographs, and biographical information will be posted on the Canada Council website as of 11 a.m. EST on November 13.
3. On Twitter: The Canada Council will be live-tweeting the winners' announcement through @CanadaCouncil. To join the conversation, use the hashtag #GGBooks. Get the results in real time!
The GGs are Canada's national literary awards. They celebrate literature for all tastes and ages by honouring the best English-language and the best French-language books in each of 7 categories: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, children's literature (text), children's literature (illustration), and translation.
Image with caption: "Canada Council for the Arts Governor General's Literary Awards. (CNW Group/Canada Council for the Arts)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131030_C8183_PHOTO_EN_32702.jpg
SOURCE: Canada Council for the Arts
For further information:
Canada Council media contacts:
(613) 566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, ext. 4523
(613) 566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, ext. 4166
To book interviews with authors, illustrators and translators:
416-467-9954, ext. 104
Chris DiRaddo Communications