- CTV delivers three out of the Top 5 programs Tuesday -
- An all-new episode of FOREVER delivers a solid 1.2 million viewers -
- Season 4 of PERSON OF INTEREST wins 10 p.m. timeslot with 1.8 million viewers and grows 10% versus Season 3 premiere -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1oiajcF
TORONTO, Sept. 24, 2014 /CNW/ - Canadians made MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. the most-watched program Tuesday night with the key A18-34 and A18-49 demos, preliminary overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. The Season 2 premiere of last season's #1 new series achieved an initial audience of 1.7 million viewers overall. Building on its momentum from Monday night's season premiere, an all-new episode of FOREVER delivered a solid 1.2 million viewers out of its regular timeslot, growing throughout the hour with A18-49 and A25-54. At 10 p.m., PERSON OF INTEREST returned for its fourth season, winning its hour with 1.8 million viewers. Overall, CTV delivered three out of the Top 5 most-watched programs Tuesday.
**Media Note** Photography from Tuesday night programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
A closer look at Tuesday's Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
- The #1 program of the night with the younger key demos, MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. led Global's NCIS (+16%, A18-34, +9% A18-49), as well as Global's NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (+40%, A18-34, +55% A18-49, +34% A25-54). It was also #1 for the day in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with A18-34, A18-49, and A25-54.
- At 10 p.m., PERSON OF INTEREST led the hour with total viewers, A18-34, A18-49, and A25-54. Up 10% versus its Season 3 premiere, head-to-head the series delivered 49% more viewers than CHICAGO FIRE (1.2 million; Global/NBC).
Premiere Week continues on CTV and CTV GO tonight with a new episode of THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA at 8 p.m. ET/PT, as well as the season premiere of LAW & ORDER: SVU at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV. Also, a new episode of ANGER MANAGEMENT at 8 p.m. ET/PT leads into the season premiere of THE GOLDBERGS at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
- CTV -
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada). Overnight vs. overnight.
For further information:
Tonia Addison, CTV Networks, 416.384.2194 or email@example.com
Jim Quan, CTV Networks, 416.385.5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy Sullivan, CTV Networks, 416.384.3624 or email@example.com