60-Day Free Trial Now Available
SAN FRANCISCO, May 14, 2015 /CNW/ - Rdio, a leading global music streaming service available in 85 countries, today introduces Rdio Select – a first-of-its-kind $3.99 subscription tier for mobile users that features a unique combination of ad-free streaming radio and the ability to select up to 25 new songs a day on demand. Subscribers can keep 25 songs at a time for as long as they want, and replace them with up to 25 new songs every day.
Rdio Select also includes unlimited access to ad-free streaming radio with unlimited skips and high quality audio at 320 kbps. This is an enhanced way to enjoy music inspired by specific artists, albums or songs as well as stations carefully curated personally by artists, labels and our programming team. In addition, Rdio exclusively offers a completely personalized station called You FM™ that is customized based on your specific listening history.
Rdio Select allows subscribers to keep 25 song downloads for as long as they want and to enjoy whenever they want. Subscribers can play their library of downloaded songs even offline, in any combination of individual songs, albums or curated playlists. New downloads automatically replace the prior songs. Rdio is also curating 10-song playlists that enhance the Rdio Select experience, featuring music from a range of artists, labels and other influencers as well as our own programming team. At launch, featured 10-song artist-curated playlists include Mumford & Sons' "Top 10 Now," Best Coast's "California Nights Inspirations," and Hot Chip's "Bed Time Mix," and new playlists will be added weekly.
Rdio Select is now available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India and South Africa, with additional countries to be added. Rdio Select works on IOS and Android phones, as well as a range of other connected devices such as Chromecast, Roku, and Sonos. For a limited time, Rdio Select is available for a 60-day free trial.
This unique combination of ad-free streaming radio and on demand music downloads is available for less than $50 annually – roughly the same amount consumers spend per year on music.
"We're excited to reach a new group of price sensitive music subscribers with Rdio Select and have designed the service to appeal to a wide audience," said Rdio CEO Anthony Bay. "Rdio Select joins our premium Rdio Unlimited package and reflects our commitment to offering customized streaming options tuned to different listening audiences."
Rdio Select features include:
- On Demand: Download 25 songs and replace them up to once per day
- Ad-free Stations: Listen to Rdio's expansive range of feature-rich streaming radio stations including curated and personalized stations without the interruption of ads
- Unlimited Forward Song Skips: Skip through songs in Rdio's streaming radio stations as often as you like
- High-quality sound: Enjoy music at a pristine 320 kbps
- Playlists: Rdio will create and continuously update multiple 10-song playlists that will be genre and mood-focused, including playlists curated by artists and influencers, so that Select listeners can easily update their 25 downloads with new tracks
Rdio now offers listeners the following customized plans to choose from, ensuring all audiences have access to a service that fits their lifestyle:
- Rdio, free ad-supported streaming radio (with limited skips)
- Rdio Select, $3.99/month for mobile access to a combination of ad-free streaming radio and 25 downloads on demand at a time, refreshable up to once per day
- Rdio Unlimited, $9.99/month for unlimited songs on demand and ad-free streaming radio with unlimited skips
- Rdio Unlimited Family, ranging from $14.99/month for two Rdio Unlimited accounts to $29.99/month for five Rdio Unlimited accounts
Rdio, one of the world's largest licensed music services, offers a catalog of over 35 million songs in more than 85 countries worldwide. Rdio's mission is to provide access to every song, on every device, anywhere in the world instantly, online or offline — tuned to you. Rdio's critically acclaimed applications combine the best of personal choice, social engagement, human curation, algorithmic personalization, and programming from tastemakers. Music fans can enjoy Rdio as either a free, personalized stations-first Internet radio experience, an ad-free streaming radio and 25 song on-demand subscription service, or as a full on-demand subscription service. Founded by Janus Friis, co-creator of Skype, in August 2010, Rdio is headquartered in San Francisco. More information on Rdio and Rdio Select is available at: www.rdio.com and www.rdio.com/select