Free Web Access To Over 18 Million Songs, For Up To Six Months
TORONTO, Jan. 29, 2013 /CNW/ - Rdio, (www.rdio.com), the streaming music service from the co-creator of Skype, is now offering music lovers up to six months of free music on the Web. New Rdio listeners can sign up and activate free streaming at rdio.com, with no credit card required, then dive right into Rdio's library of over 18 million songs.
This new offer is specifically designed to appeal to people with ears and hearts. Free streaming is available through the Web or Rdio's desktop apps for Mac and Windows, and allows listeners to:
- Choose from over 18 million songs, without ads
- Listen free on the web for up to six months, depending on how many songs you stream
- See and hear what your favorite artists are listening to
- Discover new music by following friends and tastemakers
- Create, curate, and collaborate on playlists
- Share your life soundtrack in real time on Facebook and Twitter
A meter at the top of user profile pages lets people know how much free music they have remaining each month. It's easy to upgrade any time to one of Rdio's subscription plans for unlimited streams and access to Rdio's acclaimed mobile apps. Plan options include:
- Rdio Web: $4.99 a month. Unlimited Web streaming.
- Rdio Unlimited: $9.99 a month. Unlimited Web and mobile streaming, as well as wireless syncing to listen offline.
- Rdio Unlimited Family: $17.99 a month for two people, $22.99 a month for 3 people. Unlimited Web and mobile streaming, as well as wireless syncing to listen offline.
Music fans can sign up for free Rdio streaming right now at www.rdio.com.
Rdio is the groundbreaking digital music service that is reinventing the way people discover, listen to, and share music. With on-demand access to over 18 million songs, Rdio connects people with music and makes it easy to search for and instantly play any song, album, artist, or playlist without ever hearing a single ad. Discover what friends, people with similar tastes, recording artists, and more are listening to in real-time and share across Twitter and Facebook. Build a digital music collection that's available everywhere - on the web, in-home or in-car, on tablets or mobile phones, and even offline.
Launched in August 2010, Rdio is headquartered in San Francisco and was founded by Janus Friis, the co-creator of Skype. Currently available in 17 countries, Rdio is funded by Janus Friis through his investment entities, Atomico, and Skype. For more information and to sign up, visit www.rdio.com.
For further information: